Fresh
Years ago

Im a bit of a fan of Dee Randfords game

has Dee Randord returned to Perth? or is she playing with forestville? anyone know

Topic #6497 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Ranford was on the bench for Forestville in their match against Sturt, but didn't suit. Forestville already have two restricted players in Screen & Lindsay.

Not sure if she's planning on playing if either Screen or Lindsay miss games or what, but she was there & cheering!

Reply #73137 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

Does that mean you can have different restricted players playing each week.

Ie could they have screen and randford this week and rotate?

Reply #73138 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

Word is, Screen is Europe bound. My tip is Dee and Lindsay will alternate until screen leaves.

Reply #73143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fan of her game or just fan or her?

Reply #73145 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Fresh - I'm of the belief that you're able to do that, so long as you don't play more than 2 in any one game. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

Reply #73146 | Report this post

Shut Up!  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Sturt did that last year with Summerton & Marino, until Laura went to the US, because last year Monique Bowley was restricted

Reply #73150 | Report this post

humphrey  
Years ago

Injured i think you'll find!

Reply #73160 | Report this post

B squared  
Years ago

she is on the injury waiver, therefore screen can suit up. i think that there is only a certain amount of time that you can be on the waiver.

She had an operation on her knee a few weeks ago, and is into her rehab stage...

Reply #73165 | Report this post

Jazzy Jeff  
Years ago

I think it's a disgrace that one team can have three restricted players - having one sit on the bench every game while lower-ranked teams with no restricted players struggle to stay competitive. When is the league going to step up and help make this league more competitive? It's only in the best interest of the league. Same thing happened last season with Forestville - sitting one player every game while Centrals got pumped by 50+ points a game. It's hideous!

Reply #73223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could agree anymore Jazzy Jeff!!!!!!!!

Reply #73233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hope that we get to see dee on the court every week, she played an awesome season last year and hopefully this season can help improve her wnbl season. i can admit i am a huge fan of her game and of her. restricted players also need to have some form of a game in the wnbl off season to ensure they are ready when it starts up again.

Reply #73267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so fresh are u a bit of a fan of dee's game or her? mayb a bit of both! u male or female as well?? bit of action! hope to c u out there supportin her game when she is playin then!

Reply #73269 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

Jazzy Jeff you are off the mark, if Randford is injured then it means she couldnt be playing for Centrals anyway, and it sounds like Screen is headed to Europe so what would be the point in her playing for Centrals or any other club?

Plus if these players want to play for Forestville then it is completely up to them.

and Anon, I am a fan of her game not her looks if thats what you mean. She wouldnt be interested anyways......

Reply #73271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont worry fresh, im a fan of her game as well, i think she has a real talent when she has her head i the game. y wouldnt she b interested anyways? last time i knew she was still single!

Reply #73277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, she's not interested in guys is she?

Reply #73280 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just when I was about to challenge people to have a conversation about a female basketball player without raising the issue of sexuality...

Reply #73286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nope, shes not into guys, thats fine for me tho!! but isaac i would still like to have a conversation about female basketballers. some are awesome players and their appearance just adds to it all... so did u think she was a good player or what?

Reply #73298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know if she is still single? she told me she had broken up with her ex but havent spoken to her in a while so not sure....

Reply #73299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like it or not, there are more female homosexuals in professional sport than male homesexuals in professional sport.

Opposite with things like ballet, theatre and Hollywood of course.

BTW, I loved Dee's game at Dandenong too, great presence of mind on court.

Reply #73306 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Irrelevant - we're talking about their ability to play the game, not about their gender preference. All I'm saying is that everyone on this forum could show some class and discuss what's appropriate.

Reply #73311 | Report this post

Yu Win Hao  
Years ago

If you restrict conversations to what's appropriate, going to be a slim forum!

Some people may suggest openly talking about visiting strip clubs, receiving lap dances and getting drunk and passing out on the street of Adelaide is inappropriate also. Not very 'classy' either.

Not me, but some people ;)

Reply #73331 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

I actually thought about whether to comment or not.. because the quicker the conversation in regards to Dees sexual preferences ends the better.
I find it disgraceful that the comments of whether she is "into guys or not... wouldnt fancy me" wa wa wa have even been allowed to be posted.
Dee is in the public spotlight for her basketball ability. So discuss her basketball. She is a role model to younger junior players etc-YES and I am yet to see anything to suggest she does not carry herself with a great deal of dignity(that is in response to those who like to debate the "what happens in a persons private life should stay in their private life debate.. in reference to those that do bring scrutiny upon themselves by their off field behaviour/misdemeanors.
As far as I know she does not put herself in such a position off the court to have her private life debated.
Do any of you actualy contemplate what it would be like to have a mob of wannabes writing to a public forum and in a condescending manner mocking your lifestyle?? You can sit in your houses and poke fun or make judgements? How dare you? As a supporter/fan/member she is obviously open to your scrutiny over her basketball.. but sexual preferences?? Seriously show some class.. show some dignity.
We are talking about a kid who came here to just play some basketball.
Grow up those of you that have an infatuation with female sport and lesbianism. I am assuming you dont understand the factors that contribute to the increased rate of lesbianism. If you did understand you wouldnt be acting like 4 year olds hiding behind anon emails.

Reply #73339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fair enough macca, but sometimes topics like that are going to come about. personally, good on her for just playing the game the way it is and not being fussed about the gay spotlight. she has provided me with much entertainment on and off the court alongside her teammates and i believe her basketball is played well even when many fans dont have much faith in her. just do your best dee and push yourself as much as you can. your an awesome chick and an awesome basketballer and i wish you all the best in everything that you do in your basketball career and personal life. so what does everyone think about her game? i reckon she has improved alot due to playing alongside great names at both dandenong and adelaide. she is also someone who i look up to when im playin and i want to push myself to play better because of her. thanks heaps for being a star!

Reply #73346 | Report this post

my thought  
Years ago

Macca, PLEASE enlighten me with your insight into these so-called 'factors contributing to the increased rate of lesbianism.'

Infact, spare me, this is a BASKETBALL forum, I understand people will throw comments around re: lap dances etc that are non-basketball related, but this (very non-related) issue of sexuality has certainly been given a lot of limelight in this basketball forum. I am ALL FOR educating and being educated, especially issues that some people still have trouble understanding and accepting, but I dont read anything educational or factual in regards to sexuality on here, so perhaps until that happens, leave the basketball forum just that .. a basketball forum.

Reply #73377 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

it certainly is not up to me to enlighten nor educate you.
If you want to read up on it there are many websites that discuss the issue with facts.
My defence is of Deanne Ranford and the pety/pathetic way this forum deteriorated.
Certainly is a "basketball forum" but in my opinion regularly steers away from this and becomes way too personal.

Reply #73384 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754