Shut Up!
Years ago

Triple Double & Beyond

Just been reading on realgm forum about Triple & Quadruple Doubles, which has only ever been achieved by 4 players in NBA History.

The new Guard/Forward Combo players like Odom, G Wallace, Diaw, Kirilenko seem the players most likely to take this further, in fact ESPN actually mentioned one of AK47's games from earlier this year against Lakers.

In 41 minutes he had the following stat line: -
14 points (on 5/7 FG's)
8 rebounds
9 assists
6 steals
7 blocks
2 days ago in a win over Minnesota he played 43 minutes with the following stats: -

15 points (4/12 FG's)
11 rebounds
8 assists
8 blocks
2 steals (Slacker!)

I think with a bit of luck 9 and possibly an OT or 2) this guy could achieve the ultimtae stat line of the quintruple (ESPN used Penta) double.

I was trying to think of an NBL player who could get a quadruple or more, but could really only think of Anstey (assist might be a problem) or Saville.

Topic #6512 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

D-Mac ??

Reply #73361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not NBL but what about Erin Phillips

Reply #73364 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

I believe David Robinson (San Antonio) had a quad-double back in the early to mid 90's, same season as his 71 point game I think

Reply #73369 | Report this post

Hakeem had a triple double, was short of a quad by 1 block, went out the next night and got a quadriple double.

AK will be the next person to get it... If they counted steals and blocks back in the 60's, it's regarded that Wilt and Russell would of had many quadriple doubles, and maybe even quintuple double games.

Reply #73373 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Whats a quintruple double? Is that all five points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals?

Reply #73391 | Report this post

mr cltuch  
Years ago

i doubt diaw will get one as much as id like him to - he just doesnt have the steal/blocking ability. same as odom.

it is believed that wilt may have had a quintuple double on his 100 point game - well thats what he thinks anyway.

Reply #73398 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

10 assists to go with 100 points? Tough call!

Reply #73399 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Hakeem was the last player to get the Quad-double I think it was 90 or 91 and i think it was against the bucks.

over 10 blocks is an amazing feat

Reply #73659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754