Anonymous
Years ago

Sturt ABL Rumor

Heard a rumor today that Sturt Mens ABL will be adding another player to their squad. Apparently he is from a american college team and he wants a spot with the sixers. At 6ft10 he will add some height to an already big line up for sturt. I don't know his name but was hoping someone else could share some info.

Topic #6517 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expect him to be around late march....
Its sad to think the younger, taller players might get even more reduced minutes because of this player.

Reply #73617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sound like a comm games player???

Reply #73625 | Report this post

turning tide  
Years ago

Hope Sturt aren't planning to pay him too much. I believe that their inattention to lower divisions has recently seen half a u18 boys squad quit and left the rest considering their options. Loose 10-15 kids and say goodbye to $5k-$10k in fees!!!

Reply #73702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

....and save $5K in court hire for that team's trainings...

Reply #73704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope they practice what they preach and spend money and time on junior programs and not on ABL - will be interesting to see who this new player is.

Reply #73705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All clubs are the same. It doesn't matter what they say.

Reply #73706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, 73702 are you saying sturt dont invest time and energy into their lower divs?

Reply #73707 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Here we go again!!

Reply #73709 | Report this post

nasty  
Years ago

Heard the same but that he's not 6ft10. Only around 6ft5 but big. He might be a good player for the younger taller players to learn from.

Reply #73720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard similar too...
I heard 6'7" and wants a game with the 6ers. Also heard he was either an Aussie though or naturalised?... (too many beers...)

Reply #73728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, he is taller than 6"5 and he also beefed up..., he is not an australian. He is wanting to play for the sixers, so in return is "apparently" playing for sturt on either nothing or an extremely low fee.

Reply #73755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ho hum, yet again, play for sturt, play for the sixers and learn how to twiddle thumbs while warming the bench. perhaps hambour, gerlach and madgen can give him lessons after abl games to prepare him for next years nbl season. do our coaches know how to use a big man if he is truely big?

Reply #73758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

73707 - Are you trying to say that junior fees are totally consumed by court hire? Go to an AGM and pick up a copy of the finances - last time I did (within the last 5 years) approximately 1/3rd of Junior fees were used by Sturt to fund their Seniors, 1/3 for Court Hire and 1/3rd for other costs.

Granted they have introduced the salary cap since then, but I think any club would miss the contribution from an entire squads fees.

Reply #73770 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754