Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball-commonwealth games-tv

It's a disgrace that we can't watch the games or highlights on channel 9. Absolutely nothing. The ones with Foxtel have to pay and extra 50.00 for 2 weeks to get 6 extra channels with the basketball, lawnbowls and gymnastics on it. I don't care about lawnbowls or gymnastics want b-ball and i am not paying 50 dollars for it. WHY can't Fox replay it maybe after the games or nine to do the match replayed a week after, a month after i don't care. I want to watch Australia thrash every other team.

Someone should start a petition to get b-ball replayed later on FOXSPORTS or channel 9 (i'm not good at it)

Topic #6524 | Report this topic

Stingray  
Years ago

Its all about the Benjamins baby...

Reply #73421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

finals will be on tv and on radio, i think peter walsh is covering them on the abc radio

Reply #73422 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

When you say finals will be on tv, do you mean Free to Air? I'm with Cornesy - payTV is ridiculous.

Reply #73426 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I would pressume that the Foxtel package would show just about EVERY Boomers and Opals game - excluding that shown by Channel 9.

Channel 9 will probably only show the Medal games LIVE and the other Finals games delayed in the middle of the night.

Reply #73428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nup, i checked the tv guide, no midnight timeslot for b-ball

Reply #73435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought the commonwealth games would help the state of aus basketball... but most people wont be able to see us thrash the pool teams :(

Reply #73436 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I think you will find that with the basketball in regional venues, only one stadium (Geelong I think) is TV suitable.

Reply #73481 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

Dennis Commetti and Phil Smyth are going to be commentating Nine's coverage of the basketball at the games, what games are shown however, I do not know.

Reply #73566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look in the TV Guide for what games are being played. We get a few womens games on ch9 and as for mens games we seem to have a few NZ games.

Reply #73568 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754