Stingray
Years ago

Cheap ABL Import Maybe AvailableSoon

The Geelong Supercats (seabl) 2nd import may be available very soon. Mike Gomez has not performed anywhere near expected in either of the Clubs intra-club games, pre-season games and now the 1st 3 games of the 2006 season.
He is not what the S'Cats were expecting and there are rumour flying that he wants out as does the club.
May suit the SA ABL league:
6'3
Shooter (not shown that though)
Played NAIA Div. 2 hoops and averaged 16ppg

Topic #6525 | Report this topic

Freddy  
Years ago

So he'll play for $20 then?

Reply #73444 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

That's right, send Victoria's rejects here, we'll take them.

Reply #73453 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

*cough*Dusty Rychart*cough*

Reply #73468 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Haha

Reply #73471 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, the year he played for Victoria, he averaged 18 ppg & 8 rebounds. I doubt he qualified as Victorian reject. I hope this is not what you were suggesting.

Reply #73479 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

We will have him back in Adelaide anyday!!!!! whether as a reject or hero...bring Dusty back!

Reply #73483 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

EC, that's exactly what Isaac is suggesting. He was sacked, after all.

Reply #73487 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

He was sacked for the stupidity of the coach and his son, not because of his performance. He has always been a quality player from the moment he arrived in Australia. This thread started off as Mike Gomez not performing as well as expected. I find no similarities between him & Rychart. I also end any further involvement with this thread right here as it was never intended for it go in Rychart's direction. Just goes to show that the people of Adelaide had a lot of respect for him and will not let go of him easily.

Reply #73489 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He was still sacked because they wanted more (or something different) out of him, so my reference still stands. No one would contest your assertion re the idiocy of his then coach though!

Reply #73542 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

At the begining of training I spoke with Mark Leader and he said Gomez could play 4 positions (now this appears to be wrong) as such would create mismatches.

Apparently he has only been playing bball for 5 years and is now showing that he has a lot more to learning.

Reply #73646 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Why in the hell would you recruit him? very unprofessional for mark Leader.
Why would you recruit a shooter when the supercats have huge fire power from the perimiter already...? doesnt make sense. Just get another import who will just board and put back garbage with 20 & 20 Nights.

silly

Reply #74078 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754