Isaac
Years ago

More NBL Signings, inc Vanderjagt, McGregor

More signings interstate:

The Crocs have retained Greg Vanderjagt for two years. That gives them seven signed players (Newley, Robertson, Vanderjagt, Abney, Cedar, Rillie, but I can't think of the last - I thought they were dumping Calvary?).

The NZ Breakers have re-signed Paul Henare, Aaron Olson, Mika Vukona (Kent Brockman will cry when he reads this), Tim Behrendorff and import Rich Melzer. They've still got club MVP Ben Pepper on a two-year contract and are negotiating with Ben Thompson. Proactive!

The Breakers are close to announcing the second import, and are optimistic of having the entire squad finalised over the next two weeks.
At West Sydney, they've already got James Harvey, Clint Reed and Cam Rigby on the payroll, and they've retained Scott McGregor and Graeme Dann this week.

Last I heard, Adelaide were still negotiating with Holmes and Forman, both of whom have had interest from a handful of clubs.

Topic #6587 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Oscar was smart he'd go elsewhere and get a different perspective of basketball.

Reply #74106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe an anouncement on where Joe Ingles will play will happen today too

Reply #74107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

betcha Joe Ingles won't be signing with Adelaide but I guess nobody would be stupid enough to take my money

Reply #74113 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Oscar would be better advised to get out of adelaide and play elsewhere. He would suit Goorg's game type, he would be made to become a penetrator and defender.
Needs to expand on his 3 game asap to be legit.

Reply #74114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see that like so many other clubs, Adelaide have been able to reveal all their new signings - NOT!!!

All Adelaide has managed to do so far, is let one of their best players go to Brisbane. Looks like they are aiming to have even lower crowds for next year.

Reply #74115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Send them both to Sydney that way they will make the boomers team.

Sorry for the grype.

As for ingles I know he had recent interviews with townsville, cairns and brisbane.

Reply #74116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dragons for Ingles

Reply #74117 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Great to see all the pessimistic supporter of the Sixer are out and about again.

Due to the financial predicament the Sixer and BASA find themselves in at the moment the club can only offer 1-year deal to players, what Australian player would sign for 1 year? The player we sign wont be known until June most likely July.

Reply #74119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh Joe M - and by then all the good players will be gone and we will be left with the players nobody els wanted.

Reply #74149 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spotted this on OzHoops re Dwight:

Don't be suprised if simon dwight is in that team in 2007. He has been doing rehab on his knee and is rumoured to be itching to get back into the game. He has one more season under Razorbacks contract and then its off to the singapore team to be with mcleod. Mcleod has contacted him to see where he is at with his injury and the want his signiture. I think dwight would still be competitive in the league....

Reply #74295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be good to see Dwight back in the NBL.

Hope Singapore can make a good competitive team maybe with Davison (1), Dwight (5) , Oscar (4)and ?

Reply #74302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Possible Singapore team ?

Guards
Luke Kendall ?
Brad Davidson ?
Mike Helms ?

Forwards
Ben Melmeth ?
?

Centre
Simon Dwight ?

Reply #74304 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Kendall might be headed to the Dragons, but not sure.

Reply #74305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754