Isaac
Years ago

ABL news and rumours this week

Paul Rees to return for the Warriors? I think they might need some help after the huge defeat at Marion last week. Reesy is expected to join the team from now on and lend them a hand inside.

Eastern men have registered a guard - Jason Kelly - anyone know much about him? Jacob Holmes is also registered to play with the Mavs, but obviously the Boomers will keep him away for now.

Supposedly the women Warriors have a 190cm player arriving from WA - anyone got a name? There can't be too many potentials at that height, right?

Not sure on the official player of the weeks, but I'd like to see someone argue against Scanlon getting it for the men, racking up 46 points and 66 HSA as the Panthers dismantled the reigning champs. In the women, the HSA rating says Browne from the Panthers but Lorenzini's 43.5 in a close win over a more fancied opposition in Forestville.

Top five teams in the men are Norwood, Forestville, Sturt, South and North with only the first two undefeated. For the women, Norwood and Southern are off to perfect starts while Sturt, South and Forestville make up the other teams above the fold.

Both of Woodville's teams are last in their respective competitions.

Topic #6588 | Report this topic

Joe M  
Years ago

Any chance you can add the ABA ladder? Other than that great stuff Isaac.

Reply #74128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is oscar forman playing this week

Reply #74129 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Wouldn't Oscar Forman be in Melbourne with the Boomers as an unofficial (or official) reserve for the team and be on standby if someone was to get injured?

Reply #74131 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not that I've heard.

Reply #74133 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

What would you know Isaac? ;)

Reply #74150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what have your heard Isaac

that Oscar is playing for Sturt
or that Oscar is in Melb?

Reply #74175 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Issac, I know Jason Kelly reasonably well, he spent 3 years in the US 2 in high school was recruited by UNLV, Nebraska etc. NCAA clearing house problems and ended up playing 1 year with Uni in Philly area. Came home after life threatning illness (took 2.5 years to recover) and last night is first game in 3years. Trained with Townsville during NBL season.

When he gets his legs back watch out he will be a chace at NBL. But then again I am biased Im his dad.

Reply #74271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754