hurley
Years ago

Goorjian happy about big men for World Champs

AUSTRALIA men's basketball coach Brian Goorjian is relishing the prospect of having two tall National Basketball Association regulars at his disposal heading into the world titles in Japan.

Topic #6589 | Report this topic

hurley  
Years ago

I think we will do pretty well in the world champs...... atleast top 2 in our pool, then maybe make between 8th and 3rd overall.... im not sure schenscher should be in the boomers team however, theyre are a range of big men which dont play NBA which would be stronger, faster and more talented then him.... maybe he could be the 13th player? i definately think we need bogut, anstey, anderson and neilson

(Mod: Hurley - you can't just paste in full articles! Please stop.)

Reply #74122 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Schen definitely in team as backup to Bogut/Anstey/Neilson. Then you've got Anstey and Neilson swinging btwn 4/5 with Anderson as a backup. I think this time round it's the 1/2/3 spots that are questionable. Bruton will go great with such large targets to assist to, but then there's a big step down in talent. Maher would have been great to slot in but instead we'll get inexperienced/young talent. Emphasis will be on 4/5s to score instead of traditional 1/2. Most importantly is that our height and talent will finally give some balance to the powerhouse teams.

Reply #74125 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

I would take all 5 and play big

C: Bogut/ Schenscher/ Anderson
PF: Anstey / Nelson/ Holmes
SF: Newly / Mackinnon / Saville
SG: Smith / S Black (but wont under Goorjian so insert Worthington)
PG: Burton / A Bruce

That's a squad of 14 player I would like to see represent Australia in the next World Championships and Olympics

Reply #74127 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Agree with you Joe, just drop Black/Worthington and start Newley at the two, and maybe have Aaron Bruce starting? He should be in the NBA in a year or two, and is probably a better shooter than CJ, as well as more of a point guard I personally think.
My Squad:
C-Bogut/Schenscher/Andersen
F-Anstey/Nielsen
F-Saville/Mackinnon/Holmes
G-Newley/Smith
G-Bruce/Bruton

Reply #74155 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

i dont think were weak at any position really...id have black in the team and harvey woiuld get a look at.

Reply #74188 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

sorry mod for always cut- n - paste i will remember in future to only quote and give links... no disrespect intended bro

Reply #74189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Black won't be there.

Reply #74348 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754