Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers on Verge of signing a Boomer??

Heard on KG and Corneys that the Sixers were close to signing a Boomers player (not sure if current or former).

They didn't shed any more light on it though, anyone know anything else?

Topic #6592 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

think it was a media hype up to cover up the fact they lost Ingles to someone else, no substance in it at all

Reply #74169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well the beneath post is suggesting Hinder, if true would be a nice pick up

Reply #74171 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Mottram?

Reply #74176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holmes?

Reply #74177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was going to say Holmes too. I hope it is.

Reply #74190 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

davidson

Reply #74191 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Holmes is a Boomer. Heard they were interested in Davidson, and that he'd consider it, but also heard that he might get a better deal in Singapore. I don't like our chances of getting Hinder.

Reply #74193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rogers

Reply #74211 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

rogers is signed with wildcats so cant see that happening and to be honest WOULDNT want to see it happen

Reply #74212 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Thomo, I would love to see history repeat itself. We get Rogers, he goes off injured and is replaced by Rychart. Unfortunately that is not going to happen so lets not even consider Rogers.

Reply #74241 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

agree ec that history would be good to repeat, but IMPO it would be disgracefull to have him back in 36ers uniform, saying that if he did come back and preformed i would be prepared to eat my words unlike alot of the other anon poster on here who dribble shit and wont back it up with a name or give credit if its due

Reply #74244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davidson would be the ideal pick up for the 36ers, Phil was making some really positive comments about him during last nights game.

Reply #74246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is Wade Helliwell as we need a Centre

Reply #74250 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What happens to Brad Hill's minutes if Davidson comes in as a back-up point guard? He played about 15 MPG last season and that was with no real competition on the bench at guard.

Just looked back at his games last year when he got 20+ minutes on court: 13 points against Melbourne, 7 against Sydney, 19 in Perth, 16 against Hunter, 15 in Townsville, 4 in Cairns and 6 in Brisbane.

Reply #74284 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

who hill not slide to the 2 spot?

Reply #74324 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Farley and Maher play 40 minutes each. That leaves 16 minutes total split between the two guard spots, off the bench. Hill averages about 15 MPG I think. Now, if you add in a pretty reliable guard to that (Brad Davidson was playing 32 MPG last season), you can see the problem. The only solution that doesn't impact Hill and his development is for either him or Farley to spend some time as a SF and I don't know how that would work.

Reply #74346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley can play SF and then Oscar can take the PF.

This is what is called development 36ers style and most likely it would work well if they have a strong centre.

Reply #74355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754