Years ago

Team rebounds

Looking at NBA boxscores I notice there is a stat called team rebounds. It usually sits below the team's total number of rebounds and most teams seem to have about 9 or 10 per game. Can someone please explain exactly what this is?

Topic #6630 | Report this topic

It's where they all go up and tip it and a couple of people get their hands to it and it ends up sprawling to someone off a bounce or something, its a rebound but you can't really call it one specific players' rebound, so its a team rebound.

Reply #74530 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

3 - this is in a situation where a shot goes up, no one player controls the ball, and goes out of court. The team that gets possession (the computer recognises this by the next entry, either a shot or turnover or foul etc), get the team rebound. More common than one would think.

If you would the definition of either the assist, or team rebound, let me know, and i'll post some extracts from the protocol.

Reply #74532 | Report this post

Myabe i was wrong then

Reply #74536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ELG - close, you were half right. A rebound goes to the first player to control the ball after a shot.

Reply #74566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #160011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone explain assists-when is an assist not an assist?

Reply #160039 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754