Isaac
Years ago

Funny ABA Players Night - The Stag Hotel

WHEN: Thursday April 13th
WHERE: The Stag Hotel (corner of East Terrace and Rundle Street)
TIME: 7pm - 9pm

All ABA players are invited to celebrate the start of a great relationship with the Stag Hotel before the Easter weekend. On this night, every player will be able to collect their "ABA Player" Stag cards which will provide them with priority entry on any night (upstairs and downstairs), as well as special drink prices when they swipe their card, and discounted meal offers each month. You will have to be present at the "ABA Players" night to sign for and receive your membership card (bring some form of identification). From 7pm - 9pm, the Stag will provide all players with special drink offers as well as finger food and a live DJ (Southern Tigers forward, Dave Bowley). After 9pm, the general public will be let in and all players are invited to kick on into the night. The Stag Hotel has also managed to get an extended license for this evening until 2am (most venues close at 12am due to Good Friday). I will be sending an email to all Captains and Coaches to help spread the word to their teams. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Paul Bauer
[email protected]

Topic #6656 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Paul,

Stop worrying about ABA players and free entry to the Stag, and start signing players before it's too late.

Mo.

Reply #74854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fastest five in the boat races are the next 6rs signings!

Reply #74918 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Wahoo - my third basketball icon! That deserves another quick attempt at stats padding.

PS. Where is Bizzy?

Reply #74923 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Moses, you inspired me to add a Hall of Fame to the Forum Leaderboard page - a listing of aliases ordered by little basketballs received.

Reply #74927 | Report this post

zig-zag  
Years ago

it says to bring some form of identificataion. do you mean player identification? i know as a player i havent received anything to prove that im a player. so what are you wanting?

Reply #75091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't the Academy Dinner that night?

Reply #75321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

zig-zag, im guessing they'll have a list with names so bring normal ID to confirm you are infact 'zig-zag'!

;-)

Reply #75344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happens if you cant make that night due to teams actually training on Thursday night. Can these be forwarded to the club. It would be a shame if we did miss out as most of us do turn up on a Saturday night

Reply #75596 | Report this post

get there!  
Years ago

there aren't any games on the 15th as it's Easter weekend, I'm sure thats why they picked that night, a team bonding night can be better than training if done properly.....

Reply #75605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know this may be petty because we are lucky that they are offering this at all, what about all of the retail workers that have to work late night shopping on thursday in the suburbs?

Reply #76597 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Isaac,

You should get the Stag management to comment on this forum why they couldn't let ABA (Academy players) into the Stag after the MVP dinner.

WE HAD TO WAIT FOR A HOUR AN HALF AND IN A "PRIORITY LINE" AND STILL COULDN'T GET IN!!

I didn't come all the way from Sudan to waste my time in a line up when we were promised entry.

Reply #78281 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

I'm getting really pissed off WAITING for the management to respond.

Reply #78527 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Manute, chill, no one wants to see you throwing those lanky legs around.

Reply #78711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manute,
Firstly, I do not represent Stag Hotel management, so this is not an apology.

There is in my opinion a simple explanation to the situation.

Liquor Licence.

It doesn't matter if it's the Stag Hotel or any other Licenced Premises in this state, they all have a capacity number that is set by the Liquor Licencing Board, a number that must be adhered to. Penalties for exceeding this number can be severe to the point where Liquor Licences can be cancelled. I was at the Stag last Thursday night and it was extremely busy and likely at or over capacity. In this instance it doesn't matter who you are, VIP or not, the numbers are at capacity and you simply have to wait.

It is unfortunate that you couldn't get in but Stag Management can not be blamed for abiding by the laws of this state and in doing so protecting their jobs and the jobs of many security, bar staff and glaziers ;)

Reply #78867 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754