Anonymous
Years ago

Extremely Early tips

These are very very very early tips based on who looks like having a good team.

1 Tigers
2 Kings
3 Bullets
4 Dragons
5 Wollongong
6 Perth
7 Taipans
8 Singapore

9 Sixers
10 Townsville
11 New Zealand
12 West Sydney

there is no use but i bet this is how it would end up...

Topic #6671 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll take your bet right now Sir.

Reply #74824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i bet $0.00

Reply #74826 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How can you place the Sixers anywhere yet, we barely have half a team. It will be interesting to see what sort of product the Sixers are going to try and sell.

Reply #74830 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Ill place the sixers last on exactly what u just said EC, we've only got half a team and im predicting thats all we'll have come round 1.

Reply #74833 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

And thats if the team even exists come round 1.

Reply #74834 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

I can see lots of current ABA players getting singed.

I can see a Sixer side like next season

C: Cooper / Hambour / Dodman (development player)
PF: Nash / Gerlach
SF: Farley / Gower
SG: Maher / Jye Watson
PG: Hill / Vandenbergh

I highly doubt the Sixer will sign an import and Holmes will most likely leave as well, as a last resort the Sixer will sign mark Nash (not that he is a bad player but he is not your first choice as a starting power forward) and the rest will consist of local ABA player who will get an opportunity.

Willy and Brett will have to average 30 plus and 10 assist a game to be competitive.

I am sorry but I have tried to be positive and stay positive over a long time now but I cannot see how any positive can be found at the moment. What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger, let hope the Sixers can live long enough to benefit from this experience.

Sixer to finish bottom 2 and by a long way, those 40 point losses at the end of last season may look like a close game during next season.

Reply #74840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that would make a terrible team with lots of $$$

they could atleast sign rucker or hovarth with 280k and that's stupid but u would have that much free

they will do something

Reply #74844 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NZ will be more competitive than you think IMO. Two very good imports (not something they've really had before), quality centre, good role players, decent young prospect to back up Pepper, etc.

Reply #74858 | Report this post

PUNTER  
Years ago

Joe M
Gerlach must have had a huge growth spurt and musscled up if he is playing at PF.
He is a guard and thats all he could play at NBL

Reply #74861 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

its time for some ABA and AIS signings... the league needs to keep generating new exciting players.... why does everyone act as if the NBL is the only place we could get players from? i think the 6ers have no choice but to take a few chances on some aussies in college.... (maybe Loughton, he prolly wont make the NBA on this years for,m) some ABA, some AIS....

Reply #74864 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

With that "everything's positive over the Tasman" statement, sounds to me like Isaac is positioning himself for Hoops NZ.

Reply #74865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe there is a Need for a NBL Draft..

Lets think about it could give alot younger players a chance

Reply #74893 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

adelaide has produced some of the best talent in the nation. but they are avoiding the sixers like the plague. what does this show......

we need a new coach!

Reply #74897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry Phil (your silence is mystifying) but undersized is right.

Reply #74916 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

1 Tigers
2 Kings
3 Bullets
4 Wollongong
5 Taipans
6 Sixers
7 Perth
8 New Zealand

9 Dragons
10 West Sydney
11 Townsville
12 Singapore

Compared to other teams such as West and Townsville; Sixers are far better off.

Singapore and Dragons; new kids on the block and have yet to establish themselve ALL over their organisation and on the court.

Because of that Sixers will be in the top 8. I have them at 6 IF they get a good C and PF. If they also retain Holmes then they could go 5.

Reply #74980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754