Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers disaster-what to do next

The sixers needed more height during last season and was hoping to recruit bigger players this off season.

Now we have lost a centre and 3 forwards.

UNBELIEVABLE!

What should they do next?

Who could/should they sign?

Topic #6689 | Report this topic

crudeboy  
Years ago

Maybe The Sixers Can Finally Sign Jason Dix!

Reply #75055 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Forget Jason Dix, he earns too much in his banking job. If the Sixers were to make him an attractive offer worthy of him giving up his banking job, then the Sixers would not be getting value for money.

Reply #75059 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

You gotta be kidding right EC?

Compare Jason Dix and Oscar Foreman's stats in teh ABL, they are similair with Dix prob the better out of the 2, he'd perform similair to Oscar.

Reply #75060 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

My guess is that Oscar was not earning as much as a Sixer as Dix was earning in his job. I am just referring to value for money if a better salary was offered to Dix to play as a Sixer.

Reply #75062 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

last basketballer leaving south oz please turn out the light

Reply #75064 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

Rumour: Dixy to take a career break from work for 7 months to be a sixer. He'll play for 50k, this should be enough to cover him financially.

Tell your friends.

Reply #75065 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Are we more disappointed with the players leaving or the expectations of not having a side after this year?

We have had a good run and now it our turn to stink, that gives me the impression that some people are just a little worried that there will be no side at all and showing frustration in the way they know how.

. So we may have a few years in the wilderness but after management get there act together and all the dust has settled a new group of people can take over and reinvigorate the side, the only problem is do we have 4 or 5 years or will the club be non existent?

It's easy to accept having a shocking side but knowing the reasons why we are going to suck is going to be difficult That's where the worry is I think as the possibility of the Sixer not being around scares people to death who have supporter basketball in South Australia.

Reply #75067 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

I'm available!!

Sixers management, if you're interested please negotiate through my agent. His name is Bo Hamburger.

I've still got game, I don't need the ball in offence, I'll rebound, block shots and pass.

I'm not desperate for a job but I need to get out of Sudan as it's bloody hot here!

Reply #75069 | Report this post

If the NBL grants Africans immunity from import status (as widely predicted), we should sign Manute, Eric Boateng, Hakeem and myself. As a bonus, we'd carve up the New Arrivals program.

Reply #75072 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Jason Dix MUST have sleepless nights just wondering about his ability in the NBL.

I Strongly beleive he would swim in that league. He's too smart not to be successful, and he's just so solid a player.

Who wouldnt just itch to have a crack if you were him. Its all good to say he's on great cash counting money but i'll throw it out there.... if im on 6 figures and i behind a desk all day, i'd love to see what it was like to play infront of that 6er crowd. He's the unsung hero of SA Hoops, everybody would love to see him in a sixers uniform and succeed. Everyone, i know i would and i only played one year against him.

If he reads this, Dixie, take a long holiday and have a crack.

DR

Reply #75080 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Thought I'd go to their website for an update on how the club views the actions of the last week.

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/

I found no updates since Singapore's announcement 14/3/06. Pictures of Reesy, Oscar, Dusty, Jacob and Coops on the frontpage too.

Go figure. Is it that hard to update a webpage, particularly when fans are feeling like they are?

Reply #75087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe we should recruit Rouben Vesmadian i have been watching him play and he is playing over in the Armenian top league and is averaging 34points per game and he is australian he trialled with the Sydney Kings but got a better offer in Armenia or something like that and we could recruit that Steve Leven that is coming home from college and we need a centre Wade Helliwell well i hope something good happens for the 6ers im not going to give up on them

Reply #75090 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

They need to employ Fitz over 35 monday night team to play..

Reply #75096 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Did Cyclone Larry hit Adelaide.
General Cosgrove to the 36ers !!

Reply #75097 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

It is going to be interesting seeing how some sixers fans react to the team when they are near the bottom of the table.

They were scathing of phil when we were sitting in 4th!

Come to think of it what are the chances of phil staying beyond his next contract

Reply #75101 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They already employ Ben Fitz so I don't see why they can't just let him take that one extra step onto the court. It's the only place in the Dome in which he's not paranoid about being attacked by the Dome rats...

Reply #75107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would imagine that the kid coming back from the US would have something lined up already, if not thats a big gamble considering he said he was only heading back to help his family.

Reply #75108 | Report this post

Pierre  
Years ago

The Sixers must sign Dix. Surely they can work out an arrangement with his work. Players of his and height and ability don't grow on trees and we have one sitting in our back yard.

Reply #75110 | Report this post

Johnno  
Years ago

SIGNING DIX SHOULD BE A PRIORITY PLEASE SIXERS PLEASE

Reply #75113 | Report this post

Basketball God  
Years ago

I'M BEGGING YOU DIXY!!! PLEASE CONSIDER......MY FELLOW GODS AND I WILL GIVE YOU SOME LUCKY BREAKS. DO IT FOR YOURSELF AND THE BASKETBALL COMMUNITY OF SA!

PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE

PLEASE

Reply #75115 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

If Fitz was to play, there would be no shots left for Brett or Willie!

Reply #75124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When or is Darren Ng gonna come back to the sixers

Reply #75127 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He could return to the league in 06/07, but I don't know that it would be for the Sixers. His studies would preclude him from playing a full season either way.

Reply #75130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No room for Darren as long as Farley is there. Maybe he can join another team ?

Reply #75131 | Report this post

Colin F  
Years ago

Dixy wont sign. SIxers spoke at length to him last season and he wouldn't do it. The sixers even offered to change trainings etc for him but the bank would not give him time off and he didnt want to give his job away. These the facts. It wont happen again.

Reply #75171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers should have picked up Dix 5-8 years ago..... They missed the boat on that one.

Contrary to popular belief from posters on this website, there are more important things in life than basketball.

Reply #75172 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

No there's not.

Reply #75196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hear the ushers are going to play as they will have nothing to do because of the lack of crowd,and they only cost about $20 an hour .....what a saving!!!

Reply #75218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm laughing

ha..................................ha..................................ha

Reply #75316 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The offer that Phil put to Jason last year was laughable and he would not even get out of bed for less than fitty.

50K: Gets out of bed.
60K: Gets out of bed and goes to the stadium on game day. Doesn't suit up as they are not paying enough.
70K: As above, but this time takes his gear and suits up.
80K: As above, but during the week thinks, 'I wonder how the boys are doing at training?'
90K: As above, but goes to training. Doesn't suit up as they aren't paying enough.
100K: Goes to training and trains but only once a week.
150K: He finally breaks his silence and says, 'Now that's what I'm talking bout!'

Reply #75347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

seems about right

Reply #75381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754