flatshot
Years ago

sixers no longer boring

Here's a thought. At least the sixers season will not be predictable and almost boring! No not all games were boring but the script was sure familiar and the injection of NEW characters in significant roles will be fresh air. Thank you Dusty, Oscar and Jake because I think change will be good for your development and for sixers. I was getting that feeling that goldfish allegedly dont get..rock, diver with bubbles, half eaten plant rock, diver with bubbles...... It was looking like the same old safe team...tinker around the edges...even Nashy back from injury was touted as getting a new player. Well thankfully there is now significant change and challenge and maybe that will be good for all at the club-especially at the coaching level, even US..even though we complained about this change. Dusty, Oscar and Jake will still be linked to SA and will look to return when the time is right. This could be a WIN-WIN situation. BTW hows the chopstix going Nino?

Topic #6697 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

I agree, bout time for a radical shake up.

It is a shame to lose all those guys, but at least they are leaving on good terms with the supporter base for a change.

Holmes was really going nowhere fast with the team and unfortunately if Dusty had suited next year the Sixers would have been almost identical to the team that has tanked the previous three seasons.

Oscar I feel is a pretty big loss. It is hard to replace consistent role players, and Forman had the potential to be much more than just that with a couple of seasons worth of consistent court time.

I for one am hoping that we can put a team on the court that can show some consistency. And to compete in the new Anstey era, you really cant afford to be playing undersize at every position (of which Holmes and Dusty were the biggest offenders).

Who knows if the management will be able to put together a championship chalenging team this year? Probably not. But it will be interesting to see some new faces running around.

Reply #75167 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754