Hoop Addict
Years ago

NBA & NCAA Hoops today

*** NCAA SPOILERS BELOW ***

Firstly, in the NBA, Amare had a successful comback, scoring 20 points & grabbing 9 boards in 19 minutes. The Suns netted 76 in the first half, and blew out the Blazers.

Dirk had the 2nd 50 point game of his carrer against Golden State, but the Warriors knocked off the Mavs in Dallas, 120-118 on the back of a cool 40 from J-Rich. This puts the Mavs 0.5 games behind the Spurs for the #1 seed in the west.

In college hoops - the first #1 seed is down! Duke hardly lead all game, and went down to LSU 62-54. Redick had his typical March game, going 3/18 from the field.

Texas snuck past West Virginia 74-71 & Bradley's dream run came to an end with a 64-80 defeat against Memphis.

And just completed - the Zags are GONE! UCLA have come back from 15ish down to beat Gonzaga 73-71. Adam Morrison had 24, after being sick & unable to practice a few days ago.

The two teams I tipped to make the championship game are gone (Ohio State & Duke), but my other two Final Four picks are alive (UConn & UCLA). Does anyone have all 4 of their Final Four picks still in play?

Topic #6705 | Report this topic

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Anyone else see the end of the West Virginia and Texas game??? Unreal.

Reply #75210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJ officially a March choker?

Reply #75223 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

So long and thanks for the memories JJ Reddick. Picked LSU Memphis and UCLA but my heart (and wallet)was with UWV. Classic games.
Still with with BC over Nova.

Reply #75304 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Looks like BC went down today too Doddo .
Damn that was an exciting game - i thought that travel call near the end killed your team-terrible call.

Villanova can do it !!

Reply #75350 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

Yeh, I tipped a fat donut for the four games today. But basketball was the real winner.
"BS" I am still angry.

Reply #75441 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

A recap from FOXSPORT of that call:

Boston College trailed by one with 1:20 left in regulation against Villanova when Eagle center Sean Williams swatted Alan Ray's driving runner. Williams corralled the loose ball and wrapped it up. What happened next was perplexing.

Wildcat forward Will Sheridan grabbed Williams by the arm and pulled him to the floor. As Williams landed he passed the ball to a teammate.

Now as an official you have a couple of choices here. Since no real advantage was gained by the foul, you can make an argument for looking the other way, swallowing your whistle, and letting Boston College bring the ball up down by one. Or you can apply the letter of the law and whistle the foul, putting Williams on the foul line.

What you absolutely, positively cannot do is call traveling. Oh God. He didn't. Yep, he did. Did the ref think the 6-foot-10, 230-pound Williams just fell over on his own? Tripped over the foul line perhaps?

Villanova was awarded the ball, ran 32 seconds of clock and went up three with 45 seconds left on Randy Foye's runner. (It's worth noting that Villanova got jobbed on a phantom travel call against North Carolina in a one-point loss in this same round last year.)

Jared Dudley's heroic 3-pointer forced overtime, but it might have been the game-winner were it not for that horrible call.

Reply #75446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754