Impressed
Years ago

U10s Finals

Great to see more Clubs concentrating on their Under 10 programs. Forestville boys taking the final over Sturt has been the result of another club putting the resources into their developers. It is great to see a stronger 10 program. Well done Sturt and Forestville. However, Sturt did have a Sturt/Sturt final in div 2. Keep pushing Forestville!
The girls side was still lop sided with Sturt taking the tigers by 20 or so. Again well done to Sturt and the Tigers. The girls div 2 was a bit dissapointing with the two Grand Final clubs not nominating div 1 teams, then Sturt coming in third and fourth.
The future is looking a bit better, the obvious work by Sturt, Forestville and the Tigers. Some other Clubs are trying without results yet. I urge all clubs to get more involved with their development programs, remember it all starts there.

Topic #671 | Report this topic

sad  
Years ago

and isnt it funny that the 3 clubs mentioned are the three clubs involved in domestic comps, sort of adds up doesnt it.

Reply #6605 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Div 1, Div 2..........My understanding of the Divisions is that Div 1 is the upper age 10's & Div 2 is the lower age of the 10's....depending on how many kids there are in an area to choose from would depend on how many teams are sided?
Congratulations to the Div 2 Mav's girls for their win yesterday, a great game from both sides! Was a close game all the way through, just how a grand final should be.

Reply #6606 | Report this post

Impressed  
Years ago

Swish
If those two teams were bottom age, I agree. And well done.
I dont think there is any top age and bottom age policy there, maybe that is the case with your club. I was not trying to put down the two teams in the div 2 final. If they were bottom age and got that far fantastic. It shows more clubs are putting in the effort. When those girls go top age next year it will only add to the quality of the competition.

Reply #6608 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Geez Impressed, I no way intended at my post to have a go at you :), was just putting across my understanding of the way things worked..........I know the Mav's girls were a reasonable even upper and lower age mix but prolly the reason being there was only enough to side the one team. The quality from both sides was impressive, the future for upper ages looks good from the games I have seen all round. I certainly didn't take your post as putting them down Impressed.

Reply #6610 | Report this post

Impressed  
Years ago

Thanks Swish
There is no way I want to have a go at any kid or team playing under 10s. My beef is with the clubs and the effort put into development. Your comment that states "depending on how many kids there are in an area to choose from would depend on how many teams are sided?" is a sore point. I dont think Sturt and Forestville would have any larger recruiting area than any other club, probably a lot smaller than many. They obviously have a focus on recruitment and development and applying the recource. If we have a hand ful of clubs getting out and getting the job done, it will just result in the clubs sitting back and saying "oh dear oh my, we havent got enough kids to nominate a under 10 team " to get weaker and weaker. If this sport is going to develope and grow in SA we need all the clubs to get over it and get out and get the job done. Hey maybe spend a little less time on there ABA teams and make sure the junior coaches and development officers are quality.

Reply #6614 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i think its great that there is under 10s finals. when i was in that age group i want finals but they didnt have them

Reply #6620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Sturt had 2 div 2 teams competing against each other, why was the div 1 bench so short of players that they had to play the game out with only 4 on the court?

Reply #6850 | Report this post

Daryl Simmons  
Years ago

One player was away on Holidays with his family, and two players were fouled out

Reply #6877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #6880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754