VC fan
Years ago

U18 Div 2 Boys

So now that the summer season is over and teams have been changed around, who do people think will be the dominant teams, still the sturt and north teams? or maybe someone else.

Topic #6721 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

north and sturt 1 are still the teams to beat. north 2 wont go as well now they lost their big guy. we played them last wk and they were lead by a first year who knoncked 5 3s and over half their score. fville blue and norwood will b contenders this season, but from wat i see i dont think theyre any threat

Reply #75406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville Blue are stronger than ever.

Reply #75411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fville gold will be good when they start playing decent ball and start winning. just need to play a whole game not just 2 or 3 quarters.

Reply #75423 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

top 5 at this early stage would be sturt 1, north 1, norwood and forestville blue, the 5 team is anyone of about 5 teams, but its only early stages

Reply #75535 | Report this post

Years ago

woohoo

Reply #75627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well sturt 1 only won by nine over centrals and didnt look like they had all the answers, only really need to cut out the passes inside and they dont have much of a game.

Reply #75666 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Forestville Gold seems very young but should string some good games together and be an outside threat. Main problem no solid big man who will dominate inside. Look forward to see some big improvement. Just a tip to other teams shut down #1 early because if he hits shot early in a game he will knock about 20 in 2nd half beware. Great shooter.

Reply #75670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gosh talk yourself up 'woddy'!! i kno who u r. at least u rate urself

Reply #76440 | Report this post

Basketball Crazy  
Years ago

north 2 last ite drew with sturt 1 and sturt 2 lost to north 1. sturt 1 didnt seem the same style team 2 to summer and i was wondering if anyone knew y? north 1 hav had some easy games 2 start the season, but last nite had the 1st test for winter. they won by 8 and looked a stronger unit this season.

Reply #77251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who do all the players think has the best guards in this div.

Reply #77302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

centrals do

Reply #77367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

centrals pfft honestly

Reply #77376 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

centrals could only manage 29 on friday night, and they have the best guards?

Reply #77378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

29? i think you mean 39? OK not a huge score, have a look at the foul count in the second half and you might see why they lost. BTW they were winning 24-12 at the half.

Reply #77384 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

no i think i mean 29, yes i know they were leading, im not having a go, im just saying, someone's gotta step up and put the points on, and if not a guard, then who?

Reply #77394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat ya guys think of the north gaurds in both teams

Reply #77429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north 1 has two good guards but the smaller one (starter) is way faster and has better handles. north 2 is a whole team of gurads but the only two dominant ones are the lightning quick one and the all-rounder

Reply #77720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood's div 3 team would absolutely thump their div 2 team.

Reply #77977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you guys were any half decent basketball players, you'd be playing U18 Div 1, training with your ABA side and people would actually know your names.

Stop talking like U18 Div 2 Boys is the greatest league around with unstoppable scorers and shooters.

Reply #77983 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

IF you had any balls you'd put a name to your post and let people discuss the league that they are in.

If you are one of these awsome players you speak of, why would you even bother looking at and posting on a div 2 thread? Dont people know you're name? Aren't people talking about how good you are?

Reply #77990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no shit!! stick it to him VC fan! start naming names, yours would be a good start, then u can have your 2 cents worth

Reply #78666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North sucked shit in the easter carnival...sturt 1 beat all adelaide teams convincingly except for forestville who looked in good touch. Forestville vs Sturt gf for winter

Reply #79236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lets remember that just 3 weeks ago sturt 1 were lucky to come away with a draw against north 2. although sturt looked good over easter, teams are beginning to see that sturt dont have all the answers. forestville are stronger than ever and will be up there but dont count out north 2 just yet...

Reply #79702 | Report this post

Years ago

forestville hav jst lost 1 of there playas n have som new massive guy from perth not 2 good but.

Reply #80076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt 1 lost their best player aswell

Reply #80828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat forestville team?

Reply #81575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blue i think. sturt are a good team but are not as far ahead of the rest of the teams as they have been. they only beat north 1 by a point in state champs semi and it cld have gone either way. north 2 pfft they lost to centrals friday big threat there

Reply #82371 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Centrals are looking in very good touch since stare champs, have beaten forestville with tight losses to the north and sturt teams and confortably led north 2 on friday even though they had an average game and 2 of their bigs were out.

Not saying theyre gonna win the GF but a big improvement since early on in the season.

Reply #82387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was out at hillcrest on sunday watching centrals played north 1. northj were with out their starting gaurd and still won comfortably by 9ish they didnt impress me much. they struggled to put points on the board earlya nd were trailing the whole game. North 1 are in gd form and looking 4ward to getting their full team back in the next few weeks.

Reply #82506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north 2 were without there starting PG on Friday night, and when a team started off with 9 and had to play with 7 it makes it difficult, we (north) did play a bad game which happens sometimes! big deal. but i take nothing away from centrals who played some excellent ball.

Reply #82630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if any1 missed the results this weekend north 2 (white) beat norwood and north red, 3rd and 2nd of the ladder respectivly. lets not forget they drew with sturt 1 earlier this season aswell. dnt write them off just yet

Reply #86466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt 2 is third on the ladder not north

Reply #86472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah actually norwood were 4th

Reply #86557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 82371,

north white beat sturt 1's full team by 2 points. they hav beaten every1 in the L....BIG threat there!!

Reply #89520 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754