Vedder
Years ago

Bradtke To The Sixers

This is just a rumour, so take it as it is. Would this be a good thing? Another guy at the end of his career. If this is true, well I don't know. How old will this team be?

If the rumoured signings are true:

Maher - Gun, but heading towards the end of his career
Wheeler - Solid, but best years are behind him. Will be better than Rees though. Same type of player as cooper.
Bradtke - Seen better days, can't see it working for some reason.
Copeland - Seen better days also.

This team five years ago would of been sweet, but how are we going to run out a game, plus with Nash this team will be finishing the season in wheelchairs.

Topic #6775 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

and give up his waterfront home in brissy, i doubt it (and hope its not true!)

Reply #75814 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Bradtke should stay with the bullets.... if only for the reason theyll need him in the NBA summer season!

Reply #75815 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

If this was to come true i would be amazed.

Bradtke although one of the better 5 players is not going to make much of a difference to the sixers roster.

Reply #75843 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

BS Kriss

C: Bradtke / Wheeler
PF: Import /Bench player
SF: Copeland/ Nash
SG: Farley / bench player
PG Maher / Hill

Those 8 player would be very competitive, even with out Bradtke it may not be the side we want but they will be more than competitive and after all

IT"S ONLY ONE YEAR, it's not like they going to be locked into multi year deals or longer.

Reply #75848 | Report this post

otto  
Years ago

Pero/Cooper
Import(Brannen?)/Hambour
Copeland/Nash
Farley/Hill
Maher/Rucker

Is that line up possible both points and money wise?

Reply #75856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On 5AA last night Phil Smyth talked about the 36ers needing to reinvent themselves (not rebuild). With these names being thrown around what are we going to be reinvented as. It seems so short sighted to prop up a team with persons at the end of their career.

What would you prefer; to bite the bullet and throw the team to the wolves with a group of young up and coming players supported by Brett, Willie and another import or go into damage control on short term results with a geriatric team with limited future. I would go with the former.

Reply #75859 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

People please....can we please make a little pact right here and right now.

When it comes to putting names on a thread regarding the 36ers that we no longer put the name Hambour in there.

He has as much chance of getting on the squad, as Ben Evans being invited to a 3 point shooting contest.

I'm sure we can all agree with this point, and I appreciate your commitment to this point.

Regards,
J Bags
(dedicated to the eradication of faulse hope to ABL who will just never get there.)

Reply #75864 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Otto, might struggle with the points cap since Rucker is a 10, Pero and Brannen would be at least 9s, etc. Salary-wise, would depend on what those guys would accept.

Reply #75868 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754