Anonymous
Years ago

Live Streaming of Social Games

Not sure on the logistics as i'm not technical, but one way to get more interest in BBall is to have a permanent web cam up on the stadiums (wayville, pasadena etc) that stream live over the internet. I could imagine majority of social teams would record their games and play them back to count stats etc. Certainly would get mates involved and possible even more participation. Also could be used to watch ABA games for those who cant get to the stadiums. More interest at the social levels may lead to more interest in the NBL.

What are peoples thoughts?

Topic #6799 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Good Idea but I cant see it happening myself.

Reply #76102 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Awesome idea here bro, but I agree with skip, it won't happen, prob will cost too much money.

Reply #76111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea.
i can see it happening, next 5 years maybe.
cost of live streaming and a web cam aint much nowadays. someone just needs to take the time to set it up i spose...

Reply #76197 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Live streaming is one thing, but a web cam updating every 30 seconds wouldn't be all that expensive - not sure how useful it'd be though.

Reply #76207 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hound local internet companies for potential sponsorship which includes live streaming.

Reply #76210 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Exactly. Even provide access (or even just a higher quality feed) only to those who are subscribers of that provider so there's an incentive both ways.

Reply #76214 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Great idea. Teams and players would watch no doubt. great idea.

Reply #76221 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

"Even provide access (or even just a higher quality feed) only to those who are subscribers of that provider so there's an incentive both ways."

Or maybe they can pay a fee for the service.

I already work for a provider and get my internet for free. Dont wanna have to start paying!!

Reply #76227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you work for a provider why can't talk to your boss and see what he thinks

Reply #76290 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The company I work for only offer sponsorship on events or things that get national coverage.

Reply #76298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754