Fresh
Years ago

Sixers Starting 5 - what's your guess

For the sixers this year, what do people think.

Maher
Farley
Import no 2
Wheeler
Hill

Topic #6816 | Report this topic

Muzza  
Years ago

Any idea who import number two may be??

Reply #76258 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nash instead of Hill is my bet.

Reply #76264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think they are getting a 2nd import.

Reply #76269 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I think Nash and Copeland will have more chance of starting than Hill.

Reply #76275 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

I'm with Isaac!

Maher
Farley
Import
Nash
Wheeler

BTW...who was that 2nd import again Isaac???

Reply #76277 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

yeah Issac, I missed their name too ......

Reply #76280 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

You would have to guess that the signing of Wheeler and already haveing Cooper would mean that the second import will not be a centre. Does that mean that the Sixers are betting their depth at centre on Wheeler's ankle? If the ankle doesn't hold up over the course of the season, that leaves us with Coop and who at centre? Risky if we don't sign an import PF who is physically capable of playing centre as well.

Reply #76354 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Wheeler on 1 leg is better than Rees. Copeland is a good backup shooting guard but seriously if we pick up a couple of other old decent players we might be a show for the masters games.

Reply #76370 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I am sick to death of people comparing Wheeler with Rees and saying we have a much better deal with Wheeler. Wheeler comes at a much higher price than what Rees did. Not only would you expect much more from him, but you also lose the financial opportunity on another much needed player. The last 4 years has seen the Sixers doing very well right upto the first round of playoffs. The major deficiency in the team was a good big man at the centre position. I am now wondering if we needed to lose so many of our good players now that we have Wheeler. If an import PF is what's needed now, you would have to ask how well Dusty would have fitted in if he had stayed on. You will not get an Import for peanuts and yet we knew that Dusty brought so much to the game by way of points and rebounds. What are we looking for that we didn't already have?

Reply #76382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC, get over Dusty. He's gone!

Wheeler will start and play more minutes that Rees, so you will get better value for money (divide minutes by salary plus add results to work out the equation).

And to answer your last question, someone good who will play for peanuts!

I will be buying a season ticket this year maybe to see the Sixers (possibly??) loose a few more games than last season, but think about the quality players and ex-Sixers you will be viewing on the visiting teams. Bring 'em on!

Who knows, the old fellas introduced to the Sixers this season may bring some inside knowledge of their previous teams that will give us the winning edge.

Reply #76425 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anonymous #76425, put your name to your post and I might take you more seriously. The point I was making previously was not on a particular player by name but what he brought to the team. It seems we are looking for someone just like him but for a much lower price. That is not going to happen. He was underpaid anyway. Wheeler may be the big body at the centre position we needed, but we didn't need to lose the other 3 as well. The saving on Rees' salary plus the increase in salary cap, may have got us Wheeler without losing any other player. The difference in salary offered by Brisbane was the difference between his salary after what the Sixers were going to cut, not the difference between what he was already earning.

Reply #76441 | Report this post

Ghost  
Years ago

Maher 1
Farley 2
Nash 3
Mystery 4
Wheeler 5

Hill 6
Copland 7
Cooper 8
Hambour 9
Gerlach 10

That's your team this year folks.

Reply #76445 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:05 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754