Isaac
Years ago

Funny Wheelin' and Dealin': The Wheels Wager

Wheelin' and Dealin' is going to be a little game for the 06/07 season. $10 gets you in.

Your task is to guess Brett Wheeler's 2006/07 NBL statline at the conclusion of the regular season - the statistics included will be PPG, RPG and MPG only. Lowest combined total of the Wheels Formula will win the cash. The Wheels Formula calculates the difference between his actual PPG and your guess + the difference between his actual RPG and your guess + half of the difference between his actual MPG and your guess (to weight it a bit more evenly). Like I said, the lowest total wins.

For example, you guess 5.2 PPG, 4.1 RPG and 15 MPG. His end of season numbers are 7.8 PPG, 5.4 RPG and 19 MPG - your score is 2.6 + 1.3 + 2 = 5.9.

In the case of a tie, we'll split the pooled cash.

Any comments or suggestions can be posted here. Any entries can be submitted via email. If you submit your guess publically, you risk giving away an idea to another participant. Remember, it's $10 to get in. If I don't know that you're good for the money, we can arrange for a transfer to my bank account and I'll hold the funds in escrow to be paid to the eventual winner. I don't want to be having to chase up money at the end of the season from sooks who didn't win and suddenly don't seem to have the cash.

Topic #6818 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Im in.

Whats the cut off date to make your selection? Tip off of the 1st game?

Also can we enter twice and pay $20?

Reply #76295 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, one entry only. No idea re cut-off. Someone had already entered their guess and then we realised that there was still a long way to go before the season even starts!

We'll make the cut-off before any pre-season games begin, and maybe use this thread to get feedback on who wants to be in on it.

Reply #76296 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

What if he only plays say 2 out of the 32 games?

Reply #76300 | Report this post

oldfella  
Years ago

Do you have to have a lottery licence to run this?

Reply #76310 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No license, shh. Just a little fun game.

XY, if he plays two, so be it. If someone wants to put in $10 to guess 0, 0 and 0 in case he sits out the season, go for it!

Reply #76312 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Im in.....is there any chance of Reesy sponsoring the sweepstakes and supplying a trophy?

Reply #76331 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Is this still on?
Wheels aint making it any easier for any of us by not suiting up yet.
Whats the cut off for putting our entries in Isaac?

Reply #94524 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's going to be a complete mystery. I'm not going to be confident that he'll suit until he's on the court and playing. Maybe we could try and guess Majstrovich's stats instead?

Reply #94539 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Not knowing makes it more fun.

Reply #95123 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754