RickyScratch
Years ago

2005 Open Boys Knockout

What are your predictions on next years open knockout boys? top 4 will be Cabra, St Michaels, Pasadena (with Jo Inglis), Unley....Wirrianda if they are lucky...now any other thoughts

Topic #685 | Report this topic

Ellju#50  
Years ago

ummmm i don't kno about Wirrianda lol. Are you talking about their year 10 team for next year?

Reply #6868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pasadena will be up there without Jo, unless trevor tries to be Mr Showtime and thinks he can take over the team and be the main guy (which he will never be)

Reply #6869 | Report this post

Bobbo  
Years ago

wirrianda will have matt white? chapman? red haired from souther? that will contend...otherwise no but with them they can win....lol, Trevor pearce...may be a good player but no 20+ points a game in a k/o semi....Rice-williams...joke!, mikele...10 points on a hot night...zoran...maybe a contender for SA u/18 but otherwise without Jo i can't see the "basketball focus" making top 4

Reply #6882 | Report this post

who knows  
Years ago

st mikes shouldnt have too much of a prob with anyone provided the defensive juggernaut plays and doesnt shoot

Reply #6964 | Report this post

guy  
Years ago

juggernauts- dave pascoe????

unley will be ok... but st micks will be up there.
hoffman at the point with handles.
jas russo shootin guar/ sweet passes.
molitor flexible player- SG,PF,C
pascoe with his defensive presence (not much of an offensive player)
nikki martin- made oz camp 04. dont doubt her

Reply #6976 | Report this post

2 Bit  
Years ago

st.micks as always have a solid squad but they have never delieved.its time they look at a coaching change.

Reply #6983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its pretty early too be talking about next year isnt it? but oh well....

St. Michaels- If they make it though the tough ISSA group stage have a chnce
Faith- won it in year 8, then came 2nd 2 years later)
Unley- very similar team to this years, only one player leaving
Pasadena- if joe plays

That will be my top 4 i think.

Girls...
Cabra- will win it again
St. Aloyisius- have a good team...i think
Unley- normally quite strong in girls
Immanuel- always seem to have some good players and make finals

Reply #7032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with the girls unley and cabra for sure

boys pasadena if joe ingles plays
faith always have a strong line up
cabra always a strong lineup
unley always astrong line up

Reply #7206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sac lose half their players in 2005 so i can hardly see them making finals over unley and immanuel and cabra....
cabra will win it again for the girls next year against unley in the grand.. most definately!

Reply #7325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have to say...

BOYS
Pasadena - If Ingles plays
Unley - for sure they always come out strong
and Cabra - Kick ass but can't guarantee that next year!

GIRLS
Unley - have increased majorly in skill and strength they will kick ass.
Cabra - With Cayla and Abby they will beat each team in a heartbeat.
and possibly Pasadena but they only have Mia Newley who shows enough out there.

Reply #7707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cabra will struglle against st micheals and pas but only if Inglis plays..Believe Cabra are heavily relying on steve going to cabra to get them to the final.

Unley will struggle against quality teams...faith are a strong chance with keis and hoffman...nothing else up there.

Reply #7751 | Report this post

someguy  
Years ago

Norwood Morialta will have an ok team. 3 Norwood state players.

Reply #7779 | Report this post

my preditions will b that pasadena take it out we mad grand final and didnt play the best and we only lose 1 player at the end of this year rowen and compared to other schools losing like 3-4 players we got a strong chance

Reply #7893 | Report this post

einstein  
Years ago

Unley will have a good team with only losing one player. i cant see how they will sturggle since the got to the finals this year.

Reply #7922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the kid down the street im guessing is mikele, all his posts have been about pasadena

Reply #7939 | Report this post

im guessing its not other people from pas use this aswell and who r u?

Reply #8000 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

be real.... pasadena wont have ingles next year. without him they wont even make top 8.

Reply #8102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Concordia have a huge team but have never really contested it before. Yr 8 got knocked out by Faith in last round and yr 10 didnt enter. They are all yr 11s this year and are still kicking ass in the open comp because no one can match them for height.

Reply #8347 | Report this post

merv  
Years ago

they werent all year 11s this year, stop lying. their only big, decent player is yr 12.

Reply #8363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who have they seriously got?

AJ?
michael curtis??

Reply #8390 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

The current concordians were certainly no match for the old collegians, the other week handing out a 20 pt + thrashing to the youngsters.

Reply #8392 | Report this post

Choco  
Years ago

Concordia wont have curtis, but a few div 1 players such as edsar, heavyside and aj. Not sure if they have guards to go with the tall timber tho.

Reply #8407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

r u sure aj isnt heavyside, he is a bit on the heavyside

Reply #8427 | Report this post

tryst  
Years ago

Top comment, very good

Reply #8886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In response to all of you bitches,
Merv- Curtis didn't play this year
Incognito- Don't exaggerate- it was about 15 points if I remember rightly and it was just a joke of a game anyway
Choco- Edser is spelt with an E
and anonymous- AJ could definitely lose some weight!

Reply #9526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whose going to be in the Westminster team next year they seem to do alright but are always knocked out by teams such as BlackFriars before they get a chance to make the finals.

Reply #11025 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Matty J from woodville, the rest r finishing at the end of the year i reckon

Reply #11026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who the hell is that? I was more thinking along the lines of Chris Caldicott from South, Brett Hains, or Dale Thomas. not some woodville div 4 hack.

Reply #11038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matty j is pretty good!!

Reply #11048 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

thats if there not all finishing at the end of the year. i no that brett is but, not sure on the rest. Matty is a vaccume on the boards. hes a gun!

Reply #11051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The depth of the westminster team next yr will struggle however they will have a strong first five
MJ, Chris, Bettsy and Caleb from this yr r still there with a couple of the guys from the b's and i cant rewally think of anyone else to make the team, you may see 2 caldicott's in the team next yr

Reply #11080 | Report this post

Mj  
Years ago

Yea our team aint that bad, we do alright, in year 10 we beat St Mics, that was without Hoffman and Moiltor, granted, but even so for a bunch of div 2's me Caldicott and Betsy didnt do to bad against pascoe and Russo. I may not be the best player but im no div4 hack.

Reply #11102 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

nah, just a div 2 hack with me mate

Reply #11110 | Report this post

<3 Mj  
Years ago

(Mod: Removed. Try to retain *some* dignity.)

Reply #37373 | Report this post

dolphin  
Years ago

yo wait until next year (2006) for the CBC dolphins. this year's team is not strong, but next year wil be. we'll have johnno fritsch, paul smith coming back from USA and trung, and some current yr 10 kid. go you purple and white dolphins!! we are gonna rip shit up!!

Reply #37535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754