Richard & Brad Hill
Glen Shaw
Glen Shaw
Glen Shaw
Glen Shaw

Reply #76894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who's Glenn Shaw?? oh is he that american guy?

Reply #76898 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Canadian, I think... the South women's coach.

Reply #76902 | Report this post

Loyal Fan  
Years ago

I'm gonna have a massive whinge real soon, unless DC get's his act together and gives us a hot/not list

Reply #76911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brendan Joyce
Ian Stacker
Alan Black

Reply #76912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marc wallis

Reply #76922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't just stop at Marc Wallis, Scott Loveday is just as bad!

Reply #76923 | Report this post

Glenn S.  
Years ago

I like the whingers who come on the forum and post as anonymous.

Reply #76924 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Stop whinging Glen

Reply #76925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:)

Reply #76929 | Report this post

Glenn S.  
Years ago

love your work!!

Reply #76938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon. GOLD!! lol sorry glenn had to laugh at that one!! you stepped right into it!!

Reply #76939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glenn isnt a whinger, he's just assertively opinionated.

Reply #76943 | Report this post

crybaby  
Years ago

arent we all!

Reply #76945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marc "happy gilmore" wallis No 1

Reply #77119 | Report this post

Happy Rules  
Years ago

Give the guy a break on the eve of his wedding!

Reply #77136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you take this Whinger for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and health........... til whinging does you apart?

Reply #77157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On Friday night's effort I think you could add Kim Jury and Peter Berry to that list.

Reply #77341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Krause too after last night, had more hot air than a raging bushfire he may have to put out one day!

Reply #77349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What abut the sneakie ones that don't have the balls to whinge up front but go behind your back and shit stir. We ALL know a few of those but because of reprecussions they can cause we shut up and hope that what goes around comes around.

Reply #77351 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Is it true that Peter Berry got three techs and lost the game after Norwood were in front?

Reply #77355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Berry got three techs. No Norwood were not in front. Scores were tied, Southern were about to shoot 2 foul shots, only a couple of seconds to go.

Reply #77356 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Thanks. A bit undisclipined, don't you think?

Reply #77358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really. Probably three was a bit over the top, but it was understandable to go off at the umpires after what had just occurred. Mistakes like the one that was made by the umpire just should not occur at that level. Let's just say the situation that led to Southern being awarded the foul shots was one of the biggest stuff ups I have ever witnessed. But this is not a thread about the poor standard of refereeing, there are plenty of other thread for that! If you weren't there, which you obviously weren't, then probably best not to have a say.
Having said that, the refs probably could have done without the constant whinging from both coaches throughout the game.

Reply #77360 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

In a game that was that close, I think coaches need to bite their tongue.

Reply #77361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Post about players/coaches complaining about Referees are non productive as is this one about Referees complaining about players/coaches. I think this topic highlight the biggest promblem with referees in SA:immaturity.

Reply #77362 | Report this post

B.C.  
Years ago

lol its ok for players and coaches who have no idea, from week after week complian about the state of refereeing in SA. But as soon as we bite back we are immature. (RITE)

Yep maybe the ref's were out of their depth, but try putting up with Kim and Berry complaining all game.

The problem is that these ref's put up with Kim almost everyweek and let him get away with, and therefore when it gets worse every week.

It was a costly lesson for Berry to learn.

Lets hope that the UIC (Bill) sat down with the Ref's after the game and discused the game. And they to have leanrt something aswell.

Reply #77365 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

That last comment wasn't from me. I have no comment on this topic.

Reply #77373 | Report this post

sorry BC new to this site, didnt know name already used.

Reply #77393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BC
"A costly lesson for Berry to learn"? Hardly. They were about to lose the game anyway. Obviously you weren't there to see what actually happened. Time to let it rest now I reckon. we don't need another shitfight about umpires/coaches etc. Doesn't do anyone much good.

Reply #77398 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Was this game at MARS?

Reply #77405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes

Reply #77409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Berry an assistant State coach? Sets a good example.Not!

Reply #77452 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

MARS... mmm.

Reply #77533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Berry was a State Head Coach this year. But so are Wallis and Loveday, who have also been mentioned in this thread. I fail to see the relevance.

Reply #77534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't see Wallis and Lovedays names mentioned with three tech fouls and ejection from stadium. Not first time he has been ejected either.Berry does not set a good example.

Reply #77546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As someone who watched the game did Berry deserve the techs, yes he did. I don't think even Berry would dispute that.

A big problem at the moment seems to be the lack of depth of division 1 refs, which was the case on Friday night, both refs were not upto standard. Not there fault, just like some kids are not upto standard to be to play division 1.

The incident still shouldn't of happened, no denying that though.

I know refs are doing their best & it's not a personal attack, cause there are some really good refs out there it's just some of them who aren't div 1 refs are reffing div 1 games, why? Cause there is no else to do it. A whole other topic

Reply #77612 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Rightly or wrongly, sometimes coaches just want to get a point across and consider a tech foul to be a legitimate coaching tool.

I am not referring to this incident as I was not there, but in a general sense.

Reply #77615 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

(#77362)
"I think this topic highlight the biggest promblem with referees in SA:immaturity."

FOMCL

That's rich. Just because someone starts a thread that, for once, highlights the bad behaviour of coaches and not the human errors of a referee, people jump all over it.
Let the umpires have this one thread to get it off their chest. God knows there have been hundreds of threads on hoops where coaches have abused referees.

Reply #77730 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

If you were there at mars for that final play then you would have seen that a norwood kid was on the ground with a southern kid on top.
Umpire pointed at the southern kid for the foul and the then norwood called a time out.
During the time out the foul was then called on a kid that wasnt even on court and had been subbed out about 5 mins earlier.

Reply #77741 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754