Dr Damage
Years ago

Salary Cap ABL

Speaking to an ABL Coach last weekend.
He said that Abrams(Nwd Women) might not fit under salary cap constraints?
Where are these written?
Anyone have time to explain them?

Topic #6878 | Report this topic

tony blair  
Years ago

$25,000 per club no more than 60% ?to one team.

I think there is limit of $15,000 to any one team ie if you pay the men $15,000 combined you can only pay the women $10,000

If Norwood are flying her in each week I would have thought that would come under their cap - but you need someone more au fait with the finer points than me.

Reply #76892 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Is that purely in cash payments and not costs incurred ie tape , uniforms etc

Reply #76893 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Who polices this? Nobody from what I can see. Tell BSA you are under the cap and then pay what you want. There are no checks or balances in place. It's a joke.

Reply #76908 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Ken you were famous for under the table payments with your 1982 championship team?
You should kow all the tricks.

Reply #76913 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Yeah, but we won!

Reply #76920 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Perhaps teams can recruit you for salary cap conversion.

Reply #76921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supposedly clubs had to put their player contracts into BSA last week.Im sure if a club wanted to they could easily get around the cap by offering bonuses or other incentives, such as a arranging a players wife employment like one club has.

Reply #76926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps employing players as coaches, stadium managers and also coaching directors! There is a way around everything.

Reply #76970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you suggesting jcd at a southern club?

Reply #76977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The idea behind the salary cap, I thought, was so that clubs would invest more money juniors. If clubs pay their abl players to take on junior coaching roles then thats great!

Reply #76985 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

If club employ's a player to do a job that money is inclued in the salary cap. So if a club pay's x for playing and x for something else then both payments are part of the salary cap. So I'm lead to believe.

Reply #76987 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think someone has lead you down the garden path...

Reply #77160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BC,

Then some of these positions would be done for nearly nothing if their roles are included in one package?

Reply #77162 | Report this post

scott  
Years ago

there aint no salary cap in seabl, guess thats why no central mens team go anywhere at nationals

Reply #77187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754