Anonymous
Years ago

Perth Wildcats offer Jason Reardon a Contract

The Wildcats have offer current SEABL star Jason Reardon of the Geelong Supercats a contract for 2006.
Perth is ALOT further from his home town of Geelong, do the sixer even consider offering him a contract?

seabl.com.au He is averaging 2 assists a game off and Oscar Robertson....

Topic #6891 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers not need worry bout Jason Reardon. There are much better players about. He will average 20ppg for Geelong but thats 30 one game 10 the next. Maybe Sixers need to look at Pioneers forward Dallas Jeffree. 23ppg @50%, 7rpg. Deadly midrange jumpshot.

Reply #76997 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I second the Dallas Jeffree comment. He can play and would be a great fit for the Sixers in the small forward department.

Reply #76999 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Name a player in the feeder leagues who is putting up numbers like readon who is not in the NBl already?
Points-assists-boards...wont find anyone.

Reply #77000 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

Mike McDaniels got invited to train with the Dallas Mavericks in 1999 and played two preseason games and it was between him and another guy to get the final placing on the roster and he just missed out on the spot and that was because of his and i think he would fit into to Sixers squad.

Reply #77003 | Report this post

MJ  
Years ago

sorry about that it was because his height

Reply #77004 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

PLus the drive to Dallas for trainings was a killer.

Reply #77060 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

haha

Reply #77093 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Stingray,

I suspect there is some heavy stats padding going on for Reardon at home.

He has gone 4,7,7,5 for assists in four games away and then comes home for 13. He currently averages 7, that will probably drop to 5-5.5 across the season.

Won't find anyone eh? Have a look at the player of the week on the Big V site. Old naturalised bloke called Bobby Cunningham.

Watch patrick Mills as his season progresses with AIS too.

And I reckon Jeffree will finish ahead of Reardon in both socring and rebounding.

Reply #77100 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

HQ, Saw Bobby's stats after his ONLY game for the season... prob missed my point - let me see if he's at that average come round 4?

Jefferee can go but JR is a safe bet to continue his numbers. proof is in the pudding but ill be continually updating you where i can bro.

Reply #77112 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Stingray,

I followed Reardon pretty closely last year and he started on fire and then fell away.

Cunningham, who I've never seen play, but who must be about 35+ anyway, apparently logged his 35th triple double on the weekend - surprised an NBL club didn't look at him before he got old. I remember seeing some stats on Cunningham that indicated he was close to averaging a triple double last year or the year b4.

The problem Reardon faces is that the geelong program, while strong, has a reputation for relying on talent rather than hard work. Great local content cause I think Herbert is a talent too, but apparently their guys do very little away from set training sessions.

Reply #77123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to Jason. Wonder if he'll go or try out with Dragons 1st??

Herbert a great prospect also, could see him in the NBL one day.

Brebner just arrived in Geelong and he yet another who could step up. All three 21 yrs old & have not realised their potential yet.

Owusu, Medved, C.Brown also exciting young prospects. Friend and Dunlop in VBL future ABA/NBL players, Geelong Basketball doing very well.

Have heard the same comment about work ethic before. Can't speak for all of them but the boys are playing for a reason, it aint just raw talent alone!!

Reply #77159 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Herbert is a great aba player but would be very limited at the nbl level - limited jump shot and is not complete off the dribble. Can play and is suited tyo the aba level as his size is inbetween a big guard and small 4 man.

Reply #77371 | Report this post

zeevee  
Years ago

thats funny because nathan herbert is down at the ymca working on his game every sun morning. Running on pure talent not hard work imagine what would happen if put into an nbl clubs training program...Reardon would kill it more.

Reply #173743 | Report this post

Kenzter  
Years ago

Reardon has by far more talent than Herbert. Look at their stats, the proof is there.
Reardon should be signed this year, any team would be mad to not sign him!!!!

Reply #178110 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754