Eagle
Years ago

Results of last night's games

Could not make the Eagles/Norwood game. Can anyone tell me the score?

Topic #6919 | Report this topic

Chris  
Years ago

wat about the woodville and tigers games?

Reply #77338 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Eagles got up in both. Not sure of the women's score but men by about 16 or so... great game.

Reply #77342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers won both games i think. Men got up by bout 14. Braithwaite 29, hodges 18 for southern

Reply #77343 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Thanks mate

Reply #77344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think final scoreline in the end was 109-95 in the eagles/flames match up. Norwood were wihout Cooper, Foster, and Mathews, so the eagles were always going to win this one, was just a matter of the margin. About half way through the third quarter it was looking like the eagles were going to run away with a massive win, up by 25 at that satge, but by the end of the third, the margin was back to 12 after one of the most awesome displays of shooting I have ever seen by Ely. Think he had 4 3's in that time! Eagles did have their whole bench on but still a great effort from Norwood to make a game of it with a quarter to play. But the eagles led by Dix and Arnold and some impressive defensive plays by big Dougie, steadied and got the lead back out to 20 again in the fourth before the flames scored a few late in the game to end up with a final margin of 14 points.

Some good signs for Norwood, Norwood teams of the past would have let that one go and ended up losing by 40, but this team fought it out to the end, and I'm sure with Cooper back in next time, will be able to make a more competitive opponent of themselves!

My votes would have been (without seeing the stat sheet), Dix 3 votes, Ely 2 votes, Arnold 1 vote! Sutton unlucky, Webber also did ok until the 4th quarter where he turned in over a few times due to dribbling too much.

Reply #77347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check out Ely's shooting stats. The guy takes a ridiculous amount of 3's as a proportion of all his shots.. he has made 2 shots inside the arc for the whole season.

Reply #77348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can some one explain to me how woodville men's stats don't add up to scores made

ie nathan baggot make 4/8 fg and 1/3 3points yet he only scored 9 points

to me 4 from 8 would have given him 8 points then a 3pointer would have made 11

or am i dreaming that stats should reflect what actually happened?

Reply #77391 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Three point stats are included in field goal stats. e.g., He was 1/3 outside and 3/5 inside the arc. Make sense?

Reply #77392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmmm ok

Reply #77395 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Great work to the Tigers boys. Awesome to see them bounce back from the defeat to Norwood.

Tristan, great game. Wish I was there to see it.

just glanced over the stats, and looks like puds had a stinker. Or some one played some serious "D" on him.

Can anyone give me some more feedback on the game?

Reply #77423 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Tristan had 70 points in 2 games last week!!

Reply #77459 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

The higher you talk them up the higher they fall and it makes you look like fools.

Reply #77465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said BC. Say nothing after loses then back in the run for the premiership the next week. Thats Southern for you 'The Dreamers'

Reply #77478 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Hahaha.....you tools....

I made plenty of comments last week! I even congratulated Norwood for flogging us.

We've been impressive and not so. Credit where credit is due.

BC, why the personal attack? Did you get beaten up as a school boy? Maybe you were hung by your panties to the flag pole.

Grasshopper - "So bags I hear BC is a tool?"
J Bags - "Yes he is my young green friend"
Grasshopper - "What about the other anonymous poster?"
J Bags - "Yes he is too."
Grasshopper - "IS it pathetic to post as Anonymous?"
J Bags - "Yes young grasshopper you have very much to learn. Ponder this: If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Reply #77490 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Anonymous doesn't even have the guts to say what team he supports.

Slide back into the ocean, you single-cell amoeba, or evolve like the rest of us!

Reply #77529 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

So lovely to see all the Southern fans resorting to what they do best. Bagging others for having an opinion that differs to theirs.

Reply #77606 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Yes, just like the same way that BC & Anon bagged me.

BMG would you like fries with that?

Reply #77690 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Yes, just like the same way that BC & Anon bagged me.

BMG would you like fries with that?

Reply #77691 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Hey BMG,

If you could read properly you'd realise that you've bagged me for bagging posters who bagged me first.

firstly, "They started it!" & secondly, you don't have enough guts to say who your team is also.

LMAO!

Reply #77745 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754