Axe
Years ago

2002 championship signatures

Just recently pulled out a team signed singlet from the 2001/02 championship. Now wanting to get it framed but it's missing stiffy's signature. It was signed by the players in rundle mall when they had that civic reception (or whatever it was called). From memory I think Stiffy was already playing ball over in Kuala Lumpur by then. Would anyone out there have any contacts that could arrange for him to sign it? I know i could hang around after a game when he is in town but:
1. dont know if he would be terribly keen after playing to sign a 6ers top
2. Was hoping to get it framed pretty soon

Topic #6921 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure he wouldnt mind signing it after the game.

Reply #77352 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe contact the Tigers? Would probably just cost you postage there and back.

Reply #77377 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Just contact the Tigers office in North Mellbourne and expalin the situation. They very often accomodate often autograph requests. Im guessing you will merely have to post it to them with return paid postage, and
Im sure Stiffy would happily sign it.

Reply #77390 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

cheers guys. didn't even think of that one. will give them a buzz.

Reply #77397 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Axe, why not pre arrange it with the Tigers to approach him when he comes down here to play before the game starts when they are on court warming up. I would not be risking the singlet in the post as it obviously has much value to you. Who knows who will be handling it when it arrives in Melbourne and whether they will do the right thing.

Reply #77406 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

EC, the front office staff at the Tigers are all class, and to say otherwise is an unjust slur against them.

Reply #77488 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

Have got in touch with Warrick Giddey-team manager (dont laugh,yes i know we could have a whole new thread just on Giddey) and he is going to sort it out. He was very obliging.

Reply #77503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754