Johnny Comelately
Years ago

Funny A Few Good Refs???

Coach, we live in a world that has rules, and those rules have to be guarded by men with whistles. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Assistant Coach? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom.

You weep for your player, and you curse the refs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the player fouling out, while tragic, probably saved games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that court, you need me on that court.

We use words like "reverse mechanics", "selling a call", "button-holing". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a whistle, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Topic #6939 | Report this topic

Blue Collar  
Years ago

I sure hope that post gets a little basketball. As useless as it is, i did enjoy the read...

Reply #77705 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Very well done, by someone with obviously a lot of time on their hands :o)

Reply #77706 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Like I was told when I first became a referee, of all the players, coaches, parents and spectators, those two refs are the only two in the whole stadium who really don't care which team wins the game.

Reply #77707 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

Very entertaining.

Reply #77725 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Yes very good and I think you maybe a fan of a "few good men".

Reply #77754 | Report this post

kingman  
Years ago

Didn't Colonel Jessup who said those words go to Jail for overstepping the mark, there's a lesson in this for ALL of us.

Reply #77778 | Report this post

kingman  
Years ago

OK lets try that again

Didn't Col. Jessup who said those words go to Jail for overstepping the mark, there's a lesson in this for ALL of us.

Reply #77781 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

I don't know too many refs who can order a "Code Red" on an annoying player/coach/spectator......

Although, there are possibilities here.....

Reply #77798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think some refs should practice internal discipline like code reds.

Reply #77799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel the need....The need to blow

Reply #77806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey #77806
that's not a few good men...
that's TOP REF - crap....
I mean TOP GUN.

Reply #77860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, why did the chicken cross the basketball court?

He heard the ref was blowing fouls....

Reply #77862 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

That joke is CLUCKED!

Reply #77889 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

FREAAAKKK!

Reply #77891 | Report this post

smelty  
Years ago

hey 77862 u think ur hell funny dont u
LOSER

Reply #78288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754