Why is it...

...Lebron will pass up the game winner if the Cavs are down, but he will shoot the game winner if the scores are tied???

Topic #6940 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

because if he misses the tied game shot, he doesnt look like a stooge because the cavs can still win. If they are down, then theres something to be lost (the game). Theres no harm in taking the tied game shot because either hes a hero or hes just lebron, never a villain.

Reply #77715 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

isnt this like the fourth anti lebron post you have done granted he is no Dirk Nowitzki(getting the game winner today over Chris Kaman) but who is I say Dirk for MVP

Reply #77717 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I think you guys are bit harsh on Bron, sure he passes up some game-winners, but two that he passed up have led to the Cavs winning.

Reply #77724 | Report this post

BT  
Years ago

I think in Lebron's defence, he is still very very very young for a star at NBA level, maybe he doesn't want total resposibility of the teams fate in every game that is on the line so early in his already highly decorated career.

I can't take seriously any criticism of someone who is already shouldering the responsibliity of guiding the Cavs to the playoffs for the first time in years and being a huge superstar at the same time when he is only 20 odd years of age.

Reply #77735 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Whether he passes on a game winner is not the point, it's whether it was the right option at the time. ie - did his teammate have a better shot? If so, he shows greater maturity than Kobe or Paul Pierce who would NEVER pass in that situation.

There was an interesting story on ESPN about Kobe's game winner %, and it's very poor (can't remember the exact figure, someone see it?) Maybe if he passed a bit, the Lakers would be two or three games better off and a lock for the 8 spot in the West

Reply #77775 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Sometimes the game winner is decided by the coach and not the player. Maybe the coach uses him in tied games as the pressure is not as great to when the team is down? This is a good way to develop such a young player in NBA standards.

Reply #77792 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

The best players want to win, full stop. If winning means drawing defence and passing up the ball, they'll do it. If they miss a game winner themselves instead of passing up to an open man, it's to the detriment of the team and themselves.

I think it takes a lot of integrity for LeBron to pass them up sometimes for the win, shows he's a team man and a winner, not an individual out for personal glory at expense of the team.

Reply #77797 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754