Moses Guthrie
Years ago

A little photoshop fun with Thumbboy

As noted on this link, "some Australian goofball called Thumbboy" has made family portraits out of the faces of NBA players here. I've picked out my favourite five below. Isaac, here's hoping we're not breaching Thumbboy's copyright by posting these! Check his site out too - the Sam Cassell pictures are gold.

The Ming family.

The Ostertag family.

The Boozer family.

The Walton family.

The Kidd family.

Topic #6950 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I like the Nash family:

Here's a thread full of them - keep hitting next page to get more.

Reply #77872 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Is that Van Gundy or Jon Lovitz?

Reply #77877 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Given fan concern over what the Sixers will do when Brett Maher retires, I think it's time to reveal something. For the last few years, I've been paying a country family to raise a Brett Maher clone.

Tonight, I show you the first photo of our future point guard. (Might play for the Lightning though...)

Or maybe we just recruit this kid.

Reply #77878 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

That is a little ripper Isaac!

Reply #77880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOVE IT ALL!

That YAO one freaks me out

Reply #77899 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Still can't believe I didn't get a little basketball for this find. I'm not even on the leaderboard any more! ;-(

Reply #77926 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If there was a "Begging for Recognition" Leaderboard, you'd be #1.

Reply #77930 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

What about a "Threatened legal action as a result of your post" leaderboard? Care to elaborate on who'd be up there?

Reply #77931 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No!

I'd rather (if I could be bothered, which I can't) put together a list of those who COULD'VE threatened legal action but took the nicer and more understanding approach because (a) they understand the concept of "common carrier" and (b) they're just more reasonable people!

Reply #77934 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Haha

Love the Walton family. It's unpleasant to look at, yet somehow I just can't look away.

Reply #77940 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

What about the Bol family Mo?

Reply #77956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How creepy are the kids!

Reply #77964 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

This had me laughing for 45 minutes (no joke)

Reply #78018 | Report this post

thumbboy  
Years ago

Hey my pics! lol :D
it's cool, I like the Brett Maher one you guys did :)
If you liked the nba family portraits you might also enjoy the Alien Sam Cassell pics I made

http://www.121s.com/viewtopic.php?t=1545

And if there's any NBL players you wanna see done feel free to request em. Cheers!
-thumbboy

Reply #82525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754