xztatik
Years ago

NBA MVP

If Kobe doesn't win MVP this year the award will never have any meaning again, last year everyone said Nasty was da mvp coz he was the Most Valuable Player to his team as they weren't that good without him. Look at the lakers, theyre shit without him, he's the leader, he's reason theyre in the playoffs. But hey, why not give the award to chauncey billups coz the pistons are winning... BULLSHIT, look at the players surrounding him Ben, Sheed, Rip, Tayshaun and dice, Steve Nash has go the Matrix, Diaw, Raja and now Amare. Who's Kobe got, LO and Smush, that's 25 points combined, he has no help. It aint all about the points thats true but at some point they gotta mean something and theres no way in hell 19 points gets the award over 35 thats final.
KOBE BRYANT is the BEST PLAYER in the LEAGUE and there is no doubt in hell that he is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE.
I'm out.

Topic #6958 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

First, unless I'm horribly mistaken, Amare is out again, until the end of the season.
Second, Steve Nash averages 10.5 assists per game. It's not like he's ONLY averaging 19 ppg.
Third, Chauncey Billups is the best player on the best team in the league. How many times have we seen the best player on the best team win the MVP?
I don't think he will or should win it, but I won't be carrying on against him if he does.
Now Kobe.
One thing I have noticed about Kobe is he makes most of his points from crazy shots. Whether it be fade-aways or nice finishes around the hoop.
Obviously a player with that much talent should be able to shoot whenever he wants, but there are times where he just jacks them up, even if he has two guys on him, he'll still try and rise over them. Sure he makes some, but I don't like the amount of shots he takes.
He keeps shooting them even when he's cold and another player is feeling it.
Now, if your saying that scoring that much should be rewarded with an MVP, then what about Allen Iverson, who is my personal pick for the MVP, he's averaging just two points less than Kobe, but 3 more assists as well as being ahead of him in steals.
Or what about LeBron, who is averaging close to 32, 7 & 7?
Kobe should(and will) be top 3 or 4 in the voting, will be All-NBA first team, but I don't think he should be MVP.

Reply #77999 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Kobe deserves the MVP, and while saying that comes as no shock being a Laker fan of many, many years, this is the first time I honestly believe that he is deserving of the award. However, he won't get it.

The maxium wins the Lakers gan get this season is 45. They have to play the Suns again, so I would imagine 45 wins isn't going to happen. Even if the Lakers manage 45 wins, I can't see the MVP going to a player from a team with that kind of record. It usually doesn't happen.

The fact that these Lakers will finish the season with a winning record is actually an incredible achievement when you look at the roster. However, I can't see the MVP going to any player from a team that doesn't win atleast 50 games.

Reply #78008 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

In all honesty kobe is having a great season and yes he has just about no1 around him. same with AI great season but Cwebb isnt doin enough 4 them 2 make some noise in the playoffs if they even make it!!

Lebron has leaped mountains this year making his franchise a major finals contendor. if ther division wasnt owned by the pistons they would b contendors in much more other peopls eyes as well. and yes i agree with jasmine no1 has a chance of gettin the mvp if ther team wins less then 50 games. Lebron would b my pick but i cnt see them gving it to him at his age, cnt see them giving it 2 nasty either. its goin 2 b very interestin.

Reply #78010 | Report this post

t`magz  
Years ago

look at a MVP like this. If you formed a new team and you had got the oppurtunity to pick any player from the whole NBA who would it be?

I know for sure, in my opinion, it wouldnt be Kobe. I would like someone who not only is a superstar but gets his fellow teammates involved just as much as himself and makes their team look good as a "team", not a team with an individual superstar. Yea Kobe can shoot, fade away and make some miraculous finishes. But he doesnt get his team involved and takes too many shots even when he is not feeling it.

Nash for MVP back 2 back. 19ppg and 10.5 assists along with a great record AND without Amare. LeBron is getting there though, i've been viewing closely him the past month and he has been consistently scoring approx. 36 points and getting great numbers in boards and dimes. A highly likely candidate for MVP now and a great possibility of taking the award home in the future.

Reply #78011 | Report this post

t`magz  
Years ago

I wouldnt be surprised if they give the MVP award to elton brand who is in my eyes the most consistent player in the NBA at the moment and a sleeper for this trophy. Another stand out who would get a mention is Dirk Nowitzki who is having a superb season. This year it's anyones trophy

Reply #78012 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Keep in mind with Steve Nash he also started with 3 fresh starters! No Quentin, Johnson or Amare and yet he still averaged close to 20ppg and 10.5apg.

The suns team is pretty much a new team altogether and he carried them to 2nd best record in the west.

If Nash doesn't get it then I'll punch David Stern in the face.

Reply #78013 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

My awards are as follows:

MVP - Lebron James (cavs).

Even though its one of the tightest picks in the previous few years i think Lebron has come of age this year and put up the numbers to deserve the award. Chauncy Billups is a close second with Steve Nash 3rd. Kobe doesnt deserve it simply because his team has not won enough games. Billups is amazing aswell though being able to get the statline he has in that stacked team.

Most Improved - Boris Diaw (suns).

At the beginning of the season i must say i barely knew of boris diaw, but over the course of one season he has become one of my favourite players. From 5pts 3 boards and 2 assits he has improved to 13 points 7 rebounds and 6 assists. He has also played as a guard, forward and centre (how versatile can you get). It is a shame if his minutes are reduced due to the return of Amare next season.

Gone Missing - Steve Fancis (knicks)

Steve Franchise no more. Francis was way off this year and every time i saw the magic play he looked lost on the court. This was reflected in his stats which were greatly reduced this season. Orlando did the right thing in trading him with the two young guards (Stevenson and Nelson) filling the void EASILY.

Quiet Achiever - Brevin Knight (bobcats) & Elton Brand (clippers)

As much as everyone says how much Brand has improved, he really hasnt improved that much. He has averaged a double-double for the majority of his career, and as the most consistant player in the league, has lifted his point production to 23ppg this season. He goes about his business game after game, hence being 5th in double-doubles this season. As for Brevin Knight he has averaged very close to 9 assists this season to go with his 13 points and 3 boards. At face value his stats dont look fantastic, but with the injuries the bobcats had this season, he carried the team as best he could. With 20+ games of 10 assists or more watch for him in the future when he gets some players around him that can shoot!

Rookie of the Year - Chris Paul (hornets)

Enough has been said about this young man. HUGE ROOKIE SEASON.

Team of the Year - Detroit Pistons

Just due to number of wins, and the fact that the transition to a new coach has yielded a different style, but still a win on most nights of the week. Their starting 5 is just stunning and they don't really lack anything thats required to be a championship team.

Most Inconsistant - Charlie Villenueva (raptors)

Although you cant blame a rookie for being a bit inconsistant, Villenueva took it to an extreme this year. Points high of 48 against Milwaukee and Rebounds high of 18 rebounds, yet only averaged 12 and 6. Sure, after the draft everyone said he was overrated and he has proved them wrong but get some consistancy son, and some hair while your at it.

OK i could've really done some of my uni assignment by now but theres my 2 cents. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Reply #78014 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

I'm for Dirk (A.K.A Dirkulus). Having a great season and gets it done within the team structure. I think when Kobe has the ball, his teammates wait for him to jack up a crazy shot. This year Dirk is passing well out of the double team and is deadly when the Mavs isolate him at the foul line. Kobe is good to watch, and I am looking forward to the Sunday game versus Nash and the Suns. I hope it is not a dead rubber.

Interesting Sport Illustrated has Bougut as R/UP ROY, by a long way but ahead of Charlie V.

Reply #78016 | Report this post

Lebron won't get it. Sure he's played well lately, very well, but nash has been better all season. Who do you think made Boris so good? Lebron doesnt really make anyone around him better. Apart from Flip murray. and Chauncey has been unreal all season.

1. Chauncey
2. Nash
3. Lebron

Reply #78017 | Report this post

p.s threadstarter, you seem a bit biased. Who has kobe got? a guy who's averaging 15 9 and 5 and one of the best coaches ever. Lebrons done such a better job than kobe, with the same talent as the Lakers. oh yeah, and lebron can pass the ball too.

Reply #78019 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Kobe for MVP.....ppffftttt. IF Kobe gets it then the award means zilch.

Sorry but there are more worth candidates than Kobe. Yeah, he's an amazing player, but he ain't no MVP.

MVP for this year is between Nash, Billups and Bron Bron.

Money on Nash to repeat..

Most Improved: David West, Memo or Boris (dark horse, Mike James)

6th Man: Mo Williams

Gone Missing: THE ENTIRE KNICKS ROSTER!!!! losers...... oh, add the worst GM title as well.

Reply #78028 | Report this post

Numbers Don't Lie  
Years ago

Kobe= 35ppg, 4.5ast, 5reb, 45%fg, 85%ft

Lebron= 31.5ppg, 6.5ast, 7reb, 48%fg, 74%ft

Wade= 27.5ppg, 6.8ast, 6reb, 50%fg, 78%ft

Nash= 19.1ppg, 10.5ast, 4.2reb, 51%fg, 92%ft

Billups= 18.8ppg, 8.7ast, 3reb, 41%fg, 90%ft

There you go have a look at the numbers if Kobe doesn't deserve the MVP don't tell me the most over hyped PG Billups does, he shoots 41% out of only 12 shots. Every player on his starting 5 can be a threat so he is taking open shots. Kobe, Lebron, Wade and Nash would get far more attention and yet all shoot a better percentage.
If Billups wins over Lebron, Wade, Kobe or Nash its a joke. Don't even start with his team has 60 plus wins because they are in the east and have a great team!! Dallas along with the spurs will clock up 60wins aswell, does that mean Dirk or Tony Parker should win the MVP????

I'm going to go with Nash, Lebron, Wade, Kobe and then Dirk. That's what a real MVP count should look like but we all know that the media hypes players up and fools get caught up in it.

Reply #78033 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Does lebron have to average a triple double to get MVP? 31, 7 and 7 is a huge season, shooting almost 50%. Surely he deserves it!

Reply #78036 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Its a close race Dirk should deffinatly win the MVP but it will probably be Kobe. Stupid 81 point game

Reply #78051 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

1. Dirk
2. Nash
3. Lebron
4. Kobe
5. Wade

With the potential of Billups and Brand swapping with Wade.

Reply #78053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it depends how kobe finishes the season if he goes nuts and busts another string of 40 pointers then theyl have to give it to him simply on scoring....i think if lebron gets it this year he will probably win it every time for the next 10 years

Reply #78072 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Scoring does not win a MVP trophy. Guiding your team deep into the playoffs does along a great regular season. Can't see the Lakers going far into the playoffs, and the regular season was average.

Reply #78083 | Report this post

How can dirk possibly win it. his rebs are down, and his defense, whilst improving, is still quite bad.

Reply #78094 | Report this post

CC  
Years ago

Chauncey Billups will win MVP. He is the best player in the best team that has a record of 63 and 16. Kobe has got no chance he is the biggest ball hog and even though he scores 40 plus games his team isnt winning. Lebron has lost the cavs to many games this year and if he does win it, the NBA has a MVP that couldn't even hit two foul shots to win a game. Foul Shots sould be bread and butter for anyone is the NBA.

Reply #78138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe? I dont think so. Whats so valuable about a player who's team just manages to slip into the playoffs if they are lucky. He can be that valuable.

Nash to repeat for me.

Reply #78140 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Yeh, Dirks rebounds are down "ELG" but he is making more big, game winning plays. Has kept his team in the best record race with lots of injuries to teammates. And Charles and Kenny said he should win it.(kiss of death)

Reply #78160 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

cctr
That's what happens when i start a topic about NBA with stupid bogan australians i guess.
everyone who disagreed wit kb81 getting it is a total dumb*ss
especially CC & TR

Reply #78520 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

xztatik,
If your so sure Kobe will win and can't accept the opinion of anyone else who doesn't agree with you, then why start a topic with us 'stupid bogan Australians' in the first place?

Reply #78530 | Report this post

anti-xztatik  
Years ago

xztatik

This was the first post I read of yours, went to check your other posts, you are indeed a complete try-hard tool.

If you don't like hearing from Australians, don't post on here.

Reply #78533 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

xztatik,

your a clown... your probably the type of bloke that has a Kobe 8 blow up doll under his bed. Kobe scores 81 on you every night. Xztatik sounds like a type of herpie.

God I hate school holidays.....

Last time I checked I along with everyone has every right to express my opinion. I'm quite happy to have a little chat about expressing one's opinion. Don't like that I write, don't read it, simple.

Reply #78535 | Report this post

anti-xztatik  
Years ago

TR, and YOU'RE the type of bloke who doesn't know the difference between your and you are.

Still, you're right, he IS a clown.

Reply #78536 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, I suck at english. I'm the first to admit that.... normally in cases like this I'd use hand signals.

Reply #78556 | Report this post

Years ago

What about defensive player of the year guys?

I think everyone (except Kobe) has a claim to the MVP by the way.

Reply #78834 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

31, anyone but Marion.
Just joking, he will be up there, but Bruce Bowen seems to be the favourite right now.

Reply #78839 | Report this post

amare  
Years ago

steve nash should win and if they had amare they would win the championship

Reply #79431 | Report this post

amare  
Years ago

the only reason ppl think kobe should win it is because he scored 81

Reply #79432 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

steve nash-he averages 25 odd points a game as well as create 40 odd points from his dishes.now thats as many points of his own doing than portland could get as a team. 2006 mvp is steve nash

Reply #79478 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

lol

Reply #387582 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Oh my god. I am sorry for being such an immature fuckhead 6-7 years ago everyone. Thanks heaps for bumping this Ingles13 lol you dick.

I gotta change this name...

Reply #387583 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

haha TR, gold.
X it's all good mate, we know you hate us bogans. ; )

Reply #387610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754