Anonymous
Years ago

Hillcrest-Court 2

Does anyone know why there hasn't been any games played on court 2 lately??? Is the court or lack of umpires?

Topic #7003 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

or that there is no teams to play on it because they are all at OTHER stadiums.

Reply #78482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well....thanks for your intuition and useful feedback however up until last year it was very well utilised and unless I am misunderstood no fantastic new stadium has been built recently and no teams have pulled out in div 2 and 5.

Reply #78484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

p.s. the fact of the matter is Sixers33 that obviously they are at other stadiums but for some reason that court is now avoided. Just a general observation I wanted to ask a simple question about, especially with the safety issues at stadiums that has arisen lately. If you can't help constructively don't bother posting.

Reply #78489 | Report this post

Axe Man  
Years ago

I bumped into (and got knocked over) by the umpire in charge of Hillcrest on Friday nights. When I asked him your question he said they use court 2 Fridays and Saturdays for district games. He said there is not a problem with court 2, it may be just a low usage day when you are there.

Hope this helps

Reply #78503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you Axe Man

Reply #78515 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

There are definitely warped areas on court 2 where the floorboards are uneven, especially down the wall side of the court. Don't know how dangerous it is, just makes for a good home court advantage.

Reply #78574 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i actually don't like playing there because of the court.

I wasn't trying to be mean and i'm sorry if i offended you in anyway anon

Reply #78589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats ok Sixers33.

The floorboards on court one are the same, particularly near the centre where I have noticed some warping. If you lose, at least you can blame the court (ha ha)

Reply #78597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754