Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Memorabilia Auction Idea

I have just been having a look at the Crows website and found info about online auctions that they have (http://www.aflauctions.com.au/crows.htm)
If the sixers are struggling for money so badly why dont they set up something like this, maybe as part of Hoops.com.au. I think it would be a great idea and it would give sixer fans a chance to buy some memorabilia of their favourite players. What do people think?

Topic #7026 | Report this topic

kev  
Years ago

Would definitely be a good idea - Although personally I feel that in order to be seen as a "responsible corporate citizen", a percentage of the final sale price should go to a charity - such as the Hudson Maher Foundation.

Reply #78846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there any chance that something like this could happen isaac? or would it be too hard to set up. i think its a great idea.

Reply #78871 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, going overboard devalues the product so it would have to be done with limits. But I'm surprised more of it hasn't been done. e.g., Sixers singlet for sale, $x, with autograph $xx, etc.

A monthly online auction wouldn't be a silly idea - have a large item and then a few other options for budget collectors. But you wouldn't want it to impact fundraising at the club's other events.

Reply #78877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure there are a lot of sixer fans out there that dont go to normal club functions so dont get the opportunity to buy any memorablia...im sure it is the case with the crows aswell so that is why they have these online auctions. I noticed the crows have had an auction and the winner gets to be on the oval when the team runs out. Perhaps the sixers could do one and the winner can sit at the end of the bench for a home game. I think there would be a lot of people who would be interested in bidding on something like that. Im just thinking about all the money it could raise for the club (and maybe a charity).

Reply #78880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754