Anonymous
Years ago

Southern Tigers Men...

I have never been to two more pathetic games of basketball as both Tigers Men's games on the Weekend!!
Losing by around 40 on Saturday night - that is not good enough for a team in this league. I even heard that the div 2 team beat the ABL team!!!
Bill Hopkins should retire, AGAIN!! Do not know why he came back to coach this rabble!!
The abuse by tyhe players against the referees, especially by the so called savior Matt Alexander is also not good enought by a player that should know better - ah, sorry, he was no better when he played NBL
What do others think?

Topic #7052 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Bill's Dad should go as well. I guess the Club direction starts from the top and with all the problems over the last year, with him still there, nothing will change. Lets face it, if Billy quit who would want to coach at Southern. Would be very interesting to see if it was not the Presidents son, whether they would still be in the job? Weren't the Southern crowd talking it up this season? I beleive the drake posted earlier that the silverware was heading South this year. The club is in chaos!! Alexander is an arrogant knob that is way pass his playing time. If it wasn't for Snake the team would suck it up even more.

Reply #79138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not a southern person but i heard many were approached, Scott Whitmore for one, but they turn the gig down, so Billy Hopkins stepped in to fill a void nobody else would take on, if you want to coach, step up, and quit bitching on here.

Reply #79139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Billy should have stayed retired and heath jury should have the spot he coaches well and deserves it.
The tigers were never gonna be strong contenders against forestville.
Matt alexander needs to pass the ball give up the rock son.

Reply #79140 | Report this post

PHD. in shot  
Years ago

Billy didnt just fill in he wanted the job again, and heath jury deserves the spot he had the team playin better and more like a team in the summer season when billy wasnt around.

Reply #79142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes i heard that Heath wanted the job but was overlooked.

Reply #79143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

matt alexander gets it tough if you saw the game vs sturt then you would realise that there was a reason why he was giving abuse to the umpires is that he was getting no calls while he was getting soft fouls called against himself.
he might pass the ball a bit more if he got more looks??

Reply #79144 | Report this post

PHD. in shot  
Years ago

yeah its crap he is a good bloke and deserved the spot

Reply #79146 | Report this post

PHD. in shot  
Years ago

thats the prob he tries to make his own looks to often he needs to give up the rock and when he did it worked and they scored twice and yes he did get it tough but hes a big boy stop complainin and get on with the game

Reply #79147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but he complains EVERY game.

Reply #79149 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

I think they need to be more competitive. Eagles demolished them in the mens.

GO EAGLES!!!

Reply #79151 | Report this post

PUNTER  
Years ago

HE would get calls at the offensive end if he was not just jumping or throwing himself into the defence who is just stranding there.
Down the defensive end if he didn't walk into players then he wouldn't get the fouls. You have to be still or moving back NOT FORWARD.
Thought the refs were pretty good as a neutral observer and that Sturt got on with the game and played ball while the usual Tigers suspects play ball for a qtr then got more interested in trying to ref the game.
Maybe Billy needs to set the example and stop jumping out his seat every time there is a call made

Reply #79168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who was at yesterdays game would agree that the final score did not do justice to the contest.
The tigers look to me to need some structure in O but their intensity on D was good. With a couple of calls going their way yesterday the result may have been reveresed...

Those calling for Billy's head need to relax, 3-5 isn't the end of the world and with weaker teams ahead the Tigers will bounce back.

Reply #79220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My vote is with Heath Jury. He's a smart man, been around basketball for years and years and has served his apprenticeship. Give him a go next season, I think he's got what it takes. And no player ever has a reason to complain to the refs. Let your ego go boys, and get on with it

Reply #79229 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

I didn't get to either of the games, but I know the boyz will bounce back from this. Seems to me that they just need to have a bit more belief in themselves.

See you out in force this weekend lads!

Reply #79262 | Report this post

Tigers06  
Years ago

heath and billy are great coaches, but the men havent played at there best. when there at their best they play good!

Reply #79318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754