Years ago

Abl Results Sunday 23/4

Nwd women over Woodville 20+.
Wood Over Nwd Men 10 +.
What about the others?

Topic #7057 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturt won womens 76-53 (Marino 26) and mens 94-76 (Smylie 28, Ng 27, Forman 25). Southern without Gerlach, Sturt without Bauer, Shepherd, Dodman. Smylie is improving with each game and when they add Maher, Sturt are going to be a bit tougher to beat.

North beat Eastern in the women 62-61, but Eastern got up in the mens 103-83. Madgen went for 32 and 9 and Brad Hill for 24 and 8. Burdon had 22 for the Rockets, but Hambour had a shocker - 2 points, 4 boards, 6 turnovers in 28 minutes. Zorich 14 points, 6 assists, but 15 rebounds!

Reply #79158 | Report this post

Dr  
Years ago

Cant work the Rockets out at the moment.
They should have beaten Eastern

Reply #79159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell us more about Smylie , where has he been the last couple of years ? How far can he go ?

Reply #79162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How are sturt going to have forman and maher, or is forman leaving for enzed then maher is coming in to replace him.

Reply #79164 | Report this post

PUNTER  
Years ago

If Tigers Men had of stopped sooking to the Refs and kept there focus on Basketball they would have had a much better chance of winning.
They played a good 1st qtr and suprisingly enough that was the one qtr that didn't bitch and moan to the refs.

Reply #79165 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why can't Sturt have Forman and Maher? I think Maher joins the team next game, and Forman won't be leaving for another few months.

Google "Austin Smylie" to find his college bio. He's in town to play an ABA season and try to crack the Sixers. He's improving with each game though I didn't rate his chances to start with, besides Hambour (might get interest from interstate) and Gower (couple of average games recently, including today!) I don't know if he has huge competition.

Reply #79167 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How would Smylie fit in the Sixers. Isn't he an import?

Reply #79186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smylie has duel citizenship so can play as an Aussie.
Wildcats, Dragons and Taipans are all having a sniff if my mail is correct.

Reply #79201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought only 1 restricted player was allowed to play be team, surely oscar and brett are both restricted

Reply #79256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are allowed 2 restricted players, but only 1 import.

Brett has played more than 200 games for Sturt and therefore is un-restricted when he plays for Sturt.

Reply #79266 | Report this post

yaga  
Years ago

in a way its good to have mahersy playing thisa year in the league it makes everyone step their games up a bit more... and now that jacob is coming back to eastern if his nbl club allows him to come back fore finals they will be tough when he gets back. so their game vs centrals should be a beauty... they have good players up there but just aren't performing for them to be a tough team to beat against whoever...

Reply #79464 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754