Yothu
Years ago

The Academy

How does everyone think the Academy boys will go against the ABL sides beofre the 6er games???
and what are your predictions for the starting 5?
I think they will go 8/10
and the starters will be:
1)Brad Gerlach
2)Andrew Puddifoot
3)Adam Benson
4)Nick Hambour
5)Brad Bungey

Topic #706 | Report this topic

solid gold  
Years ago

why did you start a new thread for this?????????????????????

Reply #7097 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

well everyone must have a thought on who should be starting and not starting... its the same as the sixers!!!

Reply #7098 | Report this post

solid gold  
Years ago

the topic is interesting but several Academy topics exist already, why not chuck it on the "Academy Squad" thread the prevent the forum from being clogged up.

Reply #7100 | Report this post

x factor  
Years ago

Cambell would be a certain starter. Sutton should start over Benson.

Reply #7142 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

could someone please fill me in what benson has done to deserve all this talk....i am not sure why he is even in the academy squad let alone talking about starting him, or training with the 6ers....i have never seen much to impress....could someone tell me otherwise.....a point guard.......are you serious??

Reply #7153 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I'm not a huge Benson fan, either, but he's got a reasonable body (IE - he's stronger than most of the other kiddies his age) and is OK at everything. He won't set your world on fire in any one facet of the game, but is pretty solid all round.

My Starters

1 - Brenton Campbell (was top 5 in PPG & APG in ABL, gotta give the kid a chance, surely!)

2 - Brad Gerlach (though he probably should be developed as a PG)

3 - Matt Sutton (basically plays as a 3 for F'Ville, with Sully & BC as the guards)

4 - Hambour (we just have no height in SA)

5 - Brad Bungy (see above).

Reply #7156 | Report this post

Years ago

I believe that it has been stated MANY times that one person from each club was to be selected.
Sturt = Benson.
Hope that was clear enough for you Charmaine.

As for my starters perhaps:
Campbell
Gerlach
Sutton
Puddifoot
Hambour

Very small but there meant to be running the same shit as the Sixers anyway which involves 4 perimeter players for the most part.

Reply #7258 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

dear comma,
ok point taken about the academy, but the lad has been training with the 6ers....dont need any more sturt people out there....clear enough for you????

Reply #7281 | Report this post

Years ago

So who are we blaming for the Sturt bias now? Ninnis is gone. So is it Smyth because he played for them in the Jurassic era or Breheny because his son plays for them? Give me a break.
Totally agreed on Gower and Benson however, one should not be there and the other is years away but Wilkey was selected when with Centrals and if you go back to when Williams, Forman and Illman were in the team when this Sturt crap started, their team was virtually unbeatable and they WERE better than any others in their positions in the State league.
So bag your Gowers and your Bensons if you must but give this bias bullshit a rest PLEASE! Smyth doesn't give a shit about the local comp or who plays where!

Reply #7323 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754