Anonymous
Years ago

Missing ABL players

I know there was a similar topic but..... where is Cherie Smith/Belinda T (Eagles), Jenah and Ali (North), Donna and Karin (Lions), Shannon (Woodville). All players that made impacts on their teams last year but have I noticed missing in the box scores.

Topic #7064 | Report this topic

????  
Years ago

The lions missing an impact player like Donna, she was top of the turnover tree not only the Lions but the whole ABA last season, I'm sure the coach is missing her. NOT

Reply #79223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Karin Roberts - Retired
Shannon Gates - concentrating on getting married

Reply #79225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I suppose in one way Donna was an impact player...your right ???? she was number 1 but with the team she was in last year it wasn't as if she had the support. It means that she was probably given the ball in more situations, anyone handling the ball up the court for the Lions would have been under immense pressure and cornered into forced turnovers. I would say all the guards and forwards would have been high in the turnover category. Doesn't mean she didn't have any positive impact comparatively.

Reply #79230 | Report this post

PW  
Years ago

Belinda Tredwell : retired
Cherie Smith : released under 2 restricted player rule

Reply #79242 | Report this post

bebe  
Years ago

karin is playing for western magic,but would love to play ABL again.
karin had little trouble in bringing the ball up for the lions, in fact she looked after it quite well. #79230, don't think donna was given the ball in the back court too many times???
plus she had support from experienced players like Karin and Shay and a few others.

Reply #79259 | Report this post

awesome  
Years ago

Donna just needed the confidence, she can be a great player when she believes in herself. its a shame she left, she had a lot of potential. The lions seem to be doing very well this season with the new players. All the best to them and the continual improvement for the club.

Reply #79263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are the Southern Tigers Men this year?

Reply #79283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes there are a few missing from North. Ali is currently completing her first year at a Junior College in New Mexico. Whilst Jenah has been out for a while now with an ankle injury, I believe she damaged ligaments during one of the first few round games.
Hope to see the girls back soon!

Reply #79284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Cherie Smith is playing at West this season but is currently out injured I believe. She was sitting on there bench on Sunday arvo.

Reply #79305 | Report this post

Westie  
Years ago

Yes, Cherie is playing for West this season.
Should be back playing soon :-)

Reply #79313 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754