John Lawrence
Years ago

NEW WEB FORUM

just opened a new web forum for discussion on all australian basketball topics.

address: [email protected]

all postings must include full name or handle with full name in brackets... no annonymous postings will be kept or listed.

Topic #7077 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

What's wrong with OzHoops?

Reply #79386 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

absolutely nothing wrong with OzHoops, Isaac... totally nothing wrong with it at all... in fact, one of the best web forums i've seen about basketball in a very long time.

Just wanted to open a forum as well.

http://groups.msn.com/AUSTRALIANBASKETBALL/homepage

Reply #79387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good luck with that...

Reply #79388 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Just started my own National Basketball League guys. Hoping it will take off.

Not sure if current NBL will be a barrier to this one succeeding, but I figure there is a complete overflow of fans that are yet to be tapped.

I'm thinking about playing out of local high school gyms, and if they are not available, those half courts some schools have attached to the back of their gyms.

I'm scouting players in the local social leagues, so if you see me taking notes on you, you could be up for a gig in the big time!!

Any interested parties, email me at [email protected]

Cheers.

Reply #79395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doc

If the real John Lawrence is the court announcer at games, I'll be there.

John is it true that you have your own comedy show at next years fringe?

Reply #79397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im starting a new daily newspaper to compete with the advertiser. right now if you buy it it's just a blank piece of paper, but i just wanted to start my own paper so there you go .

Reply #79398 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

as always doc

love ya work.

Reply #79399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is the Sydney Comets calling. John, we want you back for a chance at the championship next year..

Reply #79401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is from everybody that has attended a woodville aba game calling. John, can you please respond positively to the sydney comets request

:)

Reply #79402 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Oh, and I'll be asking the NBL to help create interest in my leagaue, in direct competition with their league. I'm sure they won't mind....

Reply #79403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thedoctor; crucial to your plan should be sales of season tickets and ads of games before any teams have registered or any players have signed. without that you'll n ever succeed..

Reply #79404 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Will you have Free to Air coverage doc?

Reply #79405 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

SO MANY IDIOTS AND PRATS! and I thought the majority of SA basketball fans were actually intelligent??? Guess you are all proving that fact is false by yourselves!

Reply #79407 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

John, I was hoping your forum would be the naming rights sponsor of my new league. We would be the new force in Aussie hoops.

Oh, and you can't prove that a fact is false. By definition something can't be a fact if it is false.

I have to go now, someone from Findon High is calling me about using their gym for my new league...

Reply #79408 | Report this post

Stewie Griffin  
Years ago

What's the new name of this forum "TOOLS 'R' US" or "How to make friends and show everyone you are a complete KNOB"

I don't think Isaac is shaking in his boots. Won't be much of a forum if all the post are from JL.

I can't believe this guy!!!....The sooner he crawls back to the Comets the better!

Reply #79409 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wait a minute - you posted an unsolicited plug for a new forum, which has absolutely no content to it whatsoever (showing zero effort on your part), and you're surprised at the reaction? Here's one of the mantras of the Internet: "Content is king" - it might be worth thinking about that for a while before announcing any online project.

I let the plug go because despite aiming to be a competitor and being empty anyway, it's on topic, and you've contributed to this forum in the past. But if you're going to hang around calling members of the Hoops SA community "IDIOTS AND PRATS", maybe it's best if you kept your ads to yourself and spent your time reading and posting elsewhere - umm, like at the AUSTRALIAN BASKETBALL forum I heard about recently.

Capisce?

(And before you try it yet again, the contact links on this forum go to my email address for a reason, not my office number and not my mobile number. Use the email link if you want to respond to this privately please. It's a bit rude to call my mobile while I'm having dinner with my girlfriend because you accidentally posted twice on the forum and want to have one of the duplicates removed. Just so you know.)

Reply #79410 | Report this post

Vedder  
Years ago

Lol, Mr. Lawrence you just got worked!!!

Reply #79411 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I thought you had an office at the Imperial Room anyway Isaac ;)

Reply #79412 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In my dreams!

Reply #79413 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Once again Isaac you have showed your professionalism and class. This is why people will continue to support this great site.

Well done mate.

Reply #79415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thdoctor

Leave Findon High out of it! Thats my old school... boy there are some wild stoies there about that gym!!!

:p

Reply #79416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just so you know the Comets dont want him back, he is all yours Adelaide!! Hahahahahahahah

Reply #79417 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

John

1) yes the majority of basketball supporters in this state are intelligent.

2) you show by your ignorance time and time again that you yourself are an IDIOT AND A PRAT, on line and in person.

Isaac
did you send John a dictionary so he can look up "Capisce?" he actually may believe it a car made by Holden.

John please do us all a favour and take your ABA Championship winning posts away from us, or we will all start begging Isaac to ban you from this site.

Reply #79418 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I can understand Isaac's frustration, imagine, he has to get out of the ferrari...call the concierge over and ask him to get a friend to help hold isaacs wallet whilst taking a call just to remove a post..but given the elite lifestyle that issaac lives..you can understand other people wanting to get on board with their own billion $ forum.

I personally am about to launch a new tv network...we will only show the new league being put together by the doctor i expect to receive confirmation from the State government of their support at any moment.

Where do i go for a good deal on the Ferrari Isaac?

(Mod: Har har... If only!)

Reply #79421 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

Vote 1...Tony Blair

Reply #79422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hear hear!!

Reply #79424 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

I am about to start up an new South Australian Labor party, one which will retain the DHD along with the sixers and lightning, I'll wipe the debt and let basketball start all over again.

I'm sure Mike & Kevin won't mind the competition.

Reply #79426 | Report this post

Calm Down  
Years ago

John don't thing anyone will be jumping ship. What is so good about you that you can comment on other people who post like that.
I have read some of your post and they seem to be over the top and a bit too emotional. example: name calling. Maybe you could serve a long apprenticeship under Isaac.

Reply #79428 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

Isaac wouldn't have him and he doesn't deserve the oppotunity!

Reply #79430 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Isaac, I fully support your opinions about John and the hoops sa web site. The picture below is of me addressing a protest march that was held this morning condemning John's new site. We burnt a huge printout of his site then proceeded to jump up and down on it shouting HOOPS SA...HOOPS SA...HOOPS SA!!

Reply #79433 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Isaac I think it would be easier for all involved if you just changed your alias to 'The Godfather'.

"It's a bit rude to call my mobile while I'm having dinner with my girlfriend because you accidentally posted twice on the forum and want to have one of the duplicates removed. Just so you know."

Does that remind anyone else of Ned Flanders always calling Reverend Lovejoy for everything that goes wrong???

Reply #79434 | Report this post

Taco Boy  
Years ago

" How to win Friends and Influence Poeple "

The title of John Lawrences new book available through all good book retailers and even the bad ones.

I saw it on the counter of a Country Roadhouse next to the cassete tape of The Ken Oath Orchestra 25 Favourite Spooning Songs

Reply #79435 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Good point J dog, I was just about to ask Isaac to be the godfather of my latest child. I respect Isaac so much for making this web site that I named my child after him. His name is Isaac Forum Bol.

Isaac, will you accept the offer? If you do, we can give you a cut of his salary when he makes the NBA.

Reply #79436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John, I must say I checked out your new forum...however a forum normally has contributions from more than one person, I don't know who you are but attempting to advertise a new forum here is like advertising the new Dunlop Volleys on the Nike basketball shoe website.

Reply #79438 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Looks like I have been promoted form most hated to the second most hated person on this site, woo who.

Thanks John

Reply #79441 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

john lawrence sure is getting his name around
who is the man ??

Reply #79443 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

This is all absolutely hilarious. I've been desperately waiting for Sixers33 to post on this thread, but so far, nothing. *sighs*

This issue of forum creation and promotion has reached crisis point - but I'm going to do something about it.

I've started www.disgruntledforumcreators.com, so the John Lawrences and Sixers33s of the world can come and post about how the whole world is against them etc.

But I'd never come on this site to promote my site. No way. :)

Reply #79445 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Joe M - don't worry, you'll be no higher than bronze if JL & Yogee continue to frequent the forum. :)

Reply #79446 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Damn Hoop Addict - you just beat me to it!

Reply #79447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No fanning the flames, you two!

Reply #79448 | Report this post

Graham Hayes  
Years ago

Is this the same John Lawrence that got beaten by Daniel Laruso at the end of The Karate Kid?

Reply #79449 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Well it looks like I am just going to have to lift my act; my antagonism isn't working like I had hoped. :-)

Just kidding

Reply #79450 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Graham Hayes, if you use that joke one more time, I'm going to tell everyone your real name.

Reply #79452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please note that Yogee and John Lawrence both post on their own behalf and at no time represent Woodville.

Reply #79454 | Report this post

james coburn  
Years ago

How does the saying go "its better to be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove everyone right".

Reply #79456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for all of you who have not seen john in action for woodville need to get to a game
his comedy act is second to none and is what the doc orders at the end of a stressful week thanks for the laughs john!!!!

Reply #79457 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

What can I say but "no toothbrushes for you!"

PS. Thanks again to the Cavalier at Yaysports for the picture.

Reply #79459 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i don't see how creating that forum is good for us?

I'm creating a fanstite only because there isn't any i don't find the 36ers.com site that good.

but gees, way to make a guy feel bad. Even have the master of basketball forums/master of basketball in sa against him. I think this topic should end or be locked. Because were all nice people aren't we?

ps. South Australia is the MOST educated crowd in Australia.

Reply #79468 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

just started my own planet
i hope nobody going to be negative over a new concept
gotta start somewhere
love hoopSA
also loving to start a new software company can somebody tell bill gates he might want to join
seriously this john lawrence guy is getting around
has he meet the navy seals ???
i think i might start a new thread

Reply #79469 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

alright people, isn't it time to stop now?

Reply #79474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, I don't think so. He's made his bed.

Reply #79482 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Actually I have never claimed to post on behalf of Woodville, and in fact have quite often gone to pains to ensure that fact is well known.

The fact I dont post on a regular basis anymore...yeah well....

But must say I am enjoying the heat being off me for a change :o)

Reply #79496 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Message to John Lawrence; Would you mind if we posted a few links to this forum on your site?

Thanks for posting details to your forum, I will make sure I avoid it.

What you have done is without class, on ya bike.

Reply #79501 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Who is John Lawrence?

Can anyone explain? I know he's a complete dick, but what are his credentials? :)

Reply #79595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't ask! If you really want a laugh, come out to Div 5 games at the Dome on a Tuesday night. He refs and makes a complete fool of himself. He makes all the other Div 5 refs look good (and that's saying something!)

Reply #79604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Credentials:
2 x Championship Winning Court Announcer with the Sydney Comets.
Currently court announcing at Woodville and West.

Reply #79606 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The courtside announcer for West and Woodville ABA games. No idea beyond that. I don't know him so I have no criticism of him as a person, but a couple of his statements have irked the majority on here.

Reply #79608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does one become an announcer? I would be very keen on doing it at Sixers games.

Reply #79612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'd need an ABA gig first

Reply #79632 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

Approach one of your local ABA clubs to become an announcer...I know both Woodville and West were looking for guys at the start of this season...hence the one guy/knob is doing both.
You might find that after a season or two at ABA level you could take the next step.
The comp could use a new voice and someone with a bit of flair.

Reply #79679 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

About 58 replies bagging Lawrence.
that's what you get when you try to advertise another forum. How about you advertise on your forum. Then you can bag yourself.

i think that's enough...

Reply #79696 | Report this post

Wild Child  
Years ago

John, I am interested in your website. I think stuff them all they don't know what they are talking about.....

You are the man!!!!

Reply #80733 | Report this post

Wild Child  
Years ago

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #80734 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Sixers33, you're not Big Johns Bro are you?

Reply #80767 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

no way!

Reply #80781 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754