State Championships Draws Out.

Well done Paul on getting the draws out for both State and Reserve so early. Go to Sturt's website to view all draws.

Topic #7081 | Report this topic

Timmy D sucks!!  
Years ago

well ill enjoy going to starplex and morphett vale... not really. well done on getting it out early though

Reply #79465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny how Wayville gets more games than any other stadium.

Maybe the extra income going through the canteen will help pay for their being one of the only clubs who do not owe money to BASA.

Reply #79504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I count 10 more games for states alone.
Not having a go, but do you all think its just maybe because it has a workable 3rd court and is central to a lot of clubs.Duh

Reply #79505 | Report this post

Awesome Man!  
Years ago

Maybe they should go back to having programs out the day of the Tournament.

At least then people don't have time to bitch about the draw.

I would think the job is hard enough to do without looking after people.

Reply #79506 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

Paul will soon learn that you can not please people no matter how hard your try

Reply #79514 | Report this post

Ahmed  
Years ago

Why is it that we blame others for our short commings? Boo Hoo, more games at wayville...get over it people! I wish our club had 3 courts but we dont, so common sense should prevail. I think long term, BSA will work out a more equitable way of profit distribution but for now, lets just be happy that we have a competition to play in.

At least the draw is out early enough for coaches to plan and prepare.

Great work Paul!

Reply #79532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we play our games at 3 different stadiums, NONE of which are our home stadium and we travel, north, south and east!!

Who T F cares!!?! We get to play at least, so stop all your whining, bitching and complaining you soft assed pansies, and thank everyone involved that there are games on and BASA has not been sent to the wall already my Mike Rann and the Labour Govt!

Reply #79554 | Report this post

Anon 79504. Poor Southern !!

Reply #79605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actualy looking at the draw, there are a couple of problems.

1/ Teams needing to travel from 1 stadium to another for the next game without much turn around time. I thought we were going to have grades played at 1 stadium to cut down travel time?

2/ The U/14 Girsl having their GF 2 1/2 hours after their semi finals.

3/ On Friday nights, they are opening all stadiums up. Without filling up any one stadium. This means an extra cost to BSA. Each time you open a stadium and do not fill it you pay the same for somebody to open and an umpire in charge as well as the power to turn the lights on. By filling Wayville Pas and M/Vale and not opening Hillcrest and Marion BSA could save about $1000 over the weekend.

4/ Even though I am NOT a Southern tiger. Filling M/vale should be the first order of business each day in the reserve tournament. As it has 4 courts and therefore is the most cost effective stadium for games that do not need a shot clock. (Note no game on Saturday at all for reserve tounament)

5/ Either fill the Dome and Wayvilleas they are the most central stadium and it is the most cost effective method. Or make the draw equal for all stadium. But not 1/2 a dozen of 1 and 6 of the other.

Reply #79625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your NOT a tiger? Tell me one other person in the State that wants MVale filled that is not from Southern. The only 14 girls teams that need to worry about the GF is Forestville and Sturt and they both just played at Easter and would be ready for a busy weekend. Also they will both be so releived to make Nationals, they wouldn't be bitchin about the 2.5 hour break.

Reply #79630 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

If anyone has questions/issues regarding the draw, please forward them to your club secretary, who can forward them to me. You're much more likely to get an answer this way, than if you criticise me publicly and anonymously.

Reply #79640 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well said Arnie. Never keep anyone happy can we?

Reply #79643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr Arnott,

So YOU are allowed to use this forum with an alias! But if somebody else does then it is a major crime. Talk about being a hypoercrit. My criticism are above, if you don't want to answer them then don't. But I'm not wasting everybodies time in asking my club to spend their efforts arguing something that can't be changed.

Reply #79678 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He didn't say it was a major crime. He said that if you took a more correct route you were more likely to get an answer. What's not reasonable about that?

Reply #79683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, you're wasting everyones time who is reading your anonymous whinging on a forum about "something that can't be changed".

And what a brilliant alias - "Paul Arnott"!!! I would never have guessed..

Reply #79685 | Report this post

79678, why dont we imagine bsa is a conglomerate? Keep it impersonal and professional, follow communication protocals and maybe you just might help the problem rather than contribute to it. If you have been around long enough you would know sometimes you get good draws and sometimes you dont. Thats sport for ya!

Reply #79690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #79685,

Was actually referring to the FACT the Paul Arnott posts on this forum under other alias.

Reply #79752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what does that matter cmpared to his comment in this thread??

Reply #79753 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

If the program was not out, people would be whinging about that. BSA has released it, offered an avenue for enquiries, then still cops it. To the "anonymous family"-
Build a bridge and get over it

Reply #79763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It matters becasue Mr Paul Arnott is having a go at somebody about using this forum with an alias and he does the exact same thing. Me thinks that is being hypercritical.

Reply #79779 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's bullshit. Remember reading comprehension in primary school? Here's what he said:

You're much more likely to get an answer this way, than if you criticise me publicly and anonymously.
How is that not reasonable? He's not saying "Anyone who uses an alias or posts anonymously is an idiot."

Reply #79783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issac,

I'm am sure that you see people take things out of context when it is written on the site due to perceived inflections of what is said. That he uses an alias on this site to criticise others and then askes to not be criticised in my opinion is hypercritical. And my opionion is that he was having a go at somebody for their critique of the State Champs draw. When he knows full well that it cannot be changed no matter what method of criticism is used to alert him to the issues.

Reply #79792 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

We wonder why Basketball never seems to be going forward with petty bickering and insults that happen on this forum between all the clubs.

Reply #79797 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Forget I even read this thread.

Reply #79798 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

No, the draw will not change this year. Think beyond the next two weeks. No one improves without hearing the good and bad about what they have done.

Paul has been in his job 5 minutes (well, maybe a bit more), it is his first State Champs draw. Give they guy a break.

Maybe if people were more pro-active and put forward their opinions through the "proper" channels, things might change for next year.

Think about it. Did anyone one of you do everything absolutely perfectly and not do anything that anyone could an issue with throughout your careers?

Maybe if there was a "Bob's Forum" (or maybe a JL Forum) we could all go on there and bag the way that you pay an account, flip a burger or do whatever it is that you do.

Reply #79804 | Report this post

Awesome Man!  
Years ago

Funny because I'm told after some relevant discussion the program has already had some changes.

And I'm also told more changes are on the way, again because of people bringing up issues in the right way.

So now what do you have to say?

Reply #79816 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

I think that it's great that he is able to act quickly and change things when people go through the correct channels.

I was more having a go at the people who complain on here and then expect, by some miracle, that things will just be perfect for them.

Reply #79817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that you will find that the changes were due to a stadium not being available for early morning games. Not because clubs asked for a change.

Reply #79833 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Also to cater for the SA Church comp, which has a booking for some stadiums.

Reply #79835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was hoping that we would not have this happening again with the change in organisation.

Maybe it is the system that is the problem rather than the people running it.

Not good enough Mike Daws and Arnie. Get your communication in order.

Reply #79839 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754