Fezlington
Years ago

Nuggets V Clippers

Hey can anyone tell me why the Clippers played at home in the 1st 2 games of their series?

The Nuggets finished the 3rd Seed in the West

Topic #7085 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nuggets, didnt finish third seed, they were awarded the third seed. clips had a better w-l record. i know Nuggets lost the first game and were gettin pounded in the first few minutes of game 2 before I went to bed. looking like the clips might take out the series.

Reply #79476 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

interesting...

i was wandering that as well...

Reply #79477 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

True, Clippers did have a better record, but it doesnt add up

If they finished 3rd, because they won their division, they should have home record

Otherwise they may as well scrap the divisions, have a West and East and the best 8 teams in Each Conference make the playoffs

What does everyone else think?

Reply #79479 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Going on Winning Percentage

the seeds in the west would be

San Antonio 0.768
Dallas 0..732
Phoenix 0.659
Memphis 0.598
Clippers 0.573
Lakers 0.549
Sacramento 0.537
Denver 0.537

Reply #79481 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

you are correct Fez. The commish is considering changing seeding rules for next year. when you consider dallas had second best record, and get fourth seed, and would meet san antonio in second round - it doesn't make a lick of sense ! especially (as you have noticed) when seeding just gives you your position in the bracket, but the home court is determined by who has the better win/loss record. Possible change to seeding next year: top four seeds will be the top team from each division + the team with the next best record, seeded according to records. ie. applied this year, would have seeding san antonio, then dallas, then suns, then nuggets. This solve the clippers/nuggets home court issue, but it kind of solves the dallas/san antonio seeding issue ..

Reply #79483 | Report this post

Why does it even matter? The clips/denver/memphis have to face San antonio eventually, and they'll lose. it shouldn't matter you you play in the first round if you can't beat them you shouldn't be champions

Reply #79531 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

There are other considerations like revenue generated from home games, sponsors, merchandise etc.

If Dallas get knocked out by Spurs in second round rather than conference finals, they miss out on potentially 3 more home games. I have no idea how much cash that equates to, but it would be a fair bit I'd imagine.

Reply #79535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754