DDFan
Years ago

Free for free

You know, I can't remember the name of that Hospital Cover mob that had the "Three for Free" with the "dental too" ad. I used to yell out FREE FOR FREE whenever Drewey went to the line & it went down pretty well. Imagine how effective it would be to have 8,000 Sixer fans yelling that out at games.
Would it be worth someone with some PR nouse giving the company a call about becoming a sponsor?

Topic #7100 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

Wouldn't this only work on ppl with bad teeth? Hw will we know if their teeth are bad or not if they got a mouthguard... Good thinking though!

Reply #79638 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

It was a medibank private ad I think.

Reply #79641 | Report this post

no it was a mutual community ad...

"Are you with mutual community!!?"

Reply #79651 | Report this post

...i think...

Reply #79652 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

52 cans, the FREE FOR FREE that I bellowed out during games, had NOTHING to do with teeth.
If the opposition got a free throw for NOTHING, it was a free for free. Too hard?
What I'm hinting at here, is why not got onto Mutual or however it is, & put it to 'em that there's huge potential for a mass of people to give them a plug every home-game (we all know how generous our refs are at handing out freethrows to the visitors). Getting that done could be as simple as becoming a sponsor.

Reply #79655 | Report this post

mmmm well if i owned mutual community... for sure!!! i would put my hand up straight away!!! but... i don't think they will sign any kind of deal on the basis that the refs are soft... (and no thats not my opinion :o))

great idea tho :o)

two thumbs up!!

Reply #79659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mutual Community already sponsor the sixers so wouldn't be hard to put to the state manager. They have there own corporate box

Reply #79682 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they may no longer be a sponsor? Can't remember for sure.

Reply #79684 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Here's one for Musicman. If CJ flops, you put "My head went this way, & my head went that way". That'd be nice. Mutual should like that one.

Reply #79727 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Bugga, bad day. Make that, "My head went this way, my legs went that way".
FFS Zac, I want an edit tab. :( ;)

Reply #79732 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754