Isaac
Years ago

Breakers announce signing of Brian Wethers

It's been weeks since the word got out, but the NZ Breakers have finally announced the signing of 04/05 NBL MVP Brian Wethers.

That gives the Breakers a line-up along these lines: Henare, Olson, Wethers, Forman, Melzer, Vukona, Pepper and Behrendorff. They're looking at an Australian PG.

Wethers had a kind word for Oscar too:

"I'm confident I can maintain the form I showed and I'm simply keen to work hard, understand the team's systems and get into good practice habits."

He said he followed the Breakers' progress last season and felt there was an opportunity for him and the team to make an impact.

"We definitely have the coaching staff and the players to take that step forward. I checked out the roster before signing and I like what we have, especially with a guy like Oscar Forman coming into the mix. It's an exciting time."
Full article

Looking competitive IMO. Having two quality imports, Olson and Pepper to draw defense isn't going to hurt Oscar's chances of setting up camp on the perimeter. Andrej Lemanis seems to agree:
"(Wethers') ability to put points on the board is an obvious asset, but his presence will also free up other players, both inside and on the perimeter."
Good to get a former MVP back in the league.

Topic #7106 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

they will be good next season

C Pepper
F Forman
F Meltzer
G Henare
G Wethers

Damn good line up

Reply #79695 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I don't know if that's what Oz really needs. I was hoping that he could compliment the Big Ben, rather than bomb away & not look to rebound.
Flame away.

Reply #79757 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

nice!

Reply #79775 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

actually the line up would be like this...

C Pepper
F Forman
F Meltzer
G Olsen
G Whethers

which is even better

Reply #80039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, the lineup will probably be:

Pepper
Melzer
Wethers
Olson
Henare

Forman will rotate with Wethers and Olson in the SG/SF role. If Forman starts on form, it would be in place of Olson, not Henare.

Reply #80047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754