Anonymous
Years ago

Dominating teams at state champs

I was just thnking what teams would dominate at state champs..

First team that came to my mind was the West Adelaide girls U18 side. They are a class above the other teams in their division. They have 2 very tall girls, as well as many state level guards..Hard to see anyone knocking them off..anyone agree/disagree?

Sturt U16 boys seem to be dominating also..

WHat other teams do you think will just completely dominate and are just a class above the rest in their division?

Topic #7122 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

Eagles u16 are really good

Reply #79862 | Report this post

Chuck D  
Years ago

North under 20 men should make it back to back state champs, virtually the same team that dominated the tournament last year

Reply #79875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dominated? haha.. they won the grand by 4 points over west who are a better team thins year....

Reply #79877 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

West Adelaide have added Chris Molitor to their side that was beaten by North in that final Chuck D.

I'm pretty sure they beat North twice over summer and won the final. I'm predicting a West v North final with West winning.

Reply #79878 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Hears what i think the Grand Finals will be

12 Boys Sturt v Forestville
12 Girls North v Forestville

14 Boys Sturt v South
14 Girls Sturt v Forestville

16 Boys Sturt v West
16 Girls Sturt v North

18 Boys Norwood v Forstville
18 Girls West v North

20 Boys West v North
21 Girls Norwood v Sturt

Reply #79881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can Sturt not be considered for the 18 boys final. Dominated Easter (after a slow start aganist forestville) and played some great basketball, should defiently be in the mix

Reply #79885 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Yes they are along with Southern and South will be definitly around the mark. I just chose those two for the GF. That one could go anyway.

Reply #79891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont write off Forestville in the 21 womens, heard Duke might be suiting up...

Reply #79894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Anon #7122

That west team shows a very bright future for the aba team in the future. A lot of talent stacks that team and a lot of depth. Look out for those girls in the future, they may be the future of the lightning you never know!

Reply #79896 | Report this post

Graham Hayes  
Years ago

Anon #7122

Sturt U16 boys "seem" to be dominating also..

Get rid of the "seem"...They are dominating!

Unrelentless high-intensity defence, with an unparalleled offence!

Reply #79907 | Report this post

Awesome Man!  
Years ago

And Graham Hayes you forget a loss to West.

16 Boys is wide open now.

Reply #79908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west 16 boys to win state champs!

Reply #79919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the 18 boys this year will be extreamly good you guys forgot to mention north (as they did knock of sturt in summer finals and lost in a close GF to norwood) along with f'ville, southern, south, sturt and norwood all of whome will be looking at a GF spot.

Reply #79934 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

The u18s will be hell exciting! Top players and teams will come out to fight!

The title is open to five teams really.

Sturt
North
Forestville
South
Norwood

Reply #79938 | Report this post

how can you consider sturt for u21 women - they were not even in the 5 last time i checked and i do not know of any guns returning

however i have heard emma langford will play for sturt in u18s - so sturt will finish well

Reply #79964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the title in 18's will be between norwood and some one else unless norwood completely cock up

Reply #79978 | Report this post

u21  
Years ago

If Angela plays in the State Champs, it will be a case of who comes second

Reply #79980 | Report this post

donna orender  
Years ago

Club: Canberra
Position: Guard
Number: 6
Height: 166cm
Date Of Birth: 3 February 1986

so she can play

Reply #79987 | Report this post

u21  
Years ago

in the u21 competition there not a point guard, or a guard for that matter, who would be able to stop her scoring 30+ points a game.

Reply #79991 | Report this post

SJ  
Years ago

U/12 boys - Sturt. Won't just win but will win by 20+. Will bet my house, car and wife on it!

Reply #80008 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Marino for Sturt and Duke for Forestville would make an exciting 21 comps.

Reply #80010 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

SJ if you are going to bet your house, car and wife on an UNDER 12 GAME... Then you need to visit the Gambling Helpline

Reply #80011 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

crap i stuffed up The link

Take two...

Reply #80012 | Report this post

SJ  
Years ago

Okay,okay......just my wife then.

Reply #80013 | Report this post

Indina  
Years ago

Dont be suprised if there is some upsets in the U/14's!!!!
Sturt to win Both, but the make up of the Melbourne Classic and the Aussie champs will be a lot different than expected.

Reply #80018 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

SJ,

much better option, i can see you went to the link. They would never let you bet a car on a game...

Reply #80021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Indi(a?)na, what do you think will happen in the U14's?

Reply #80022 | Report this post

Woftam  
Years ago

In the boys 14's the Mavs are laughing at sturt. Did you see the draw they copped. Starplex 6pm friday to Pt Adel 8am sat and sun. Other teams have 9.30 starts. Thank god I'm a mav man - best way to beat 'em tired. Pity norwood may have lost 2 of their better players to injury at TI camp. May miss - sad that.

Reply #80043 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Duke has said to be suiting up a state champs so with her dominating the court along with Jess Fergus and Emily Sims forestville are definitely going to be a tough team to beat, no match for a one woman team "Angela" or sturt!!!

The u16 Forestville team also have a good a chance as any team in the comp of making the GF!!

u18 West girls are not a class above every other team, they have just had good games when other teams have had off games. The u18 girls GF will be between either north, west, or sturt. Forestville and Norwood will also be tough teams to beat in order to get there and should both make it through to the semi's. However, the joke of this competition is that centrals have entered a team into the comp, which means it is a division 2 team :S I mean they're sitting 3rd on the div2 ladder, but seriously the skill level game between div1 and 2 is enormous!!! So it will be interesting.....ah well I guess South may have a chance of winning at least 1 game in their pool.

Reply #80049 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Injury to Isiah at south and west scorer with broken foot.
Mavs have a great chance of a nationals berth.Norwood cant make it now...very hard.
Three teams at nationals means the 2nd semi (consolation)will be the game to watch.
Girls pool A is a nixed bag with a three way tie between Whyalla ,South and Nwd.
Anyones guess who could do it, and forestville could drop one.

Reply #80050 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

my mistake centrals arent even in souths pool.

Reply #80051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon,

How is it that Forestville should make the Semi-Finals when they have West and Sturt in their pool. Team who have both beaten them by 30+.

The second semi spot in the other group will go to the winner of the Mav's/ Norwood game.

Reply #80053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woftam,

Not sure that the earlier start will inhibit the Sabres in 14 Boys. The Mav's kids will need to be up just as early to get to their games due to their living so far out of town anyway.

Plus it will actually mean that Sturt will have a longer recovery between games. Where they can go home and recover and eat a good meal.

And concsidering Sturt have more depth the the Mav's boys, they will be able to rest their starters more during the round games making them fresher for the finals. And after the thumping that occured during Easter near the tail end of the tournament I wouldn't be waving any banners!

Reply #80056 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

u21 forestville also ahve tara so with her, duke, sims and fergus they should definitely take out the championship

Reply #80082 | Report this post

woftam  
Years ago

Anon 80056

Think you are on the money re the blue bagger 14 boyz. Only trying to gee our boyz up. Consolation final will be interesting. With injuries things may have opened up for west boyz. Look what happened last year. Lets hope all teams have all players so the best go through for the states sake. We need 3 competitive teams going to Tassie in september.

Good luck to all teams

Reply #80084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

westies lucked out last year.
Karma!!

Reply #80086 | Report this post

woftam  
Years ago

yes they did - got sucked into norwoods run and gun style

Reply #80094 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

forestville didnt have their full time either time they played west and sturt and they played a really scrappy game!!!

plus anything can happen in carnival situations so its really unsaid wat could possibly happen...

Reply #80102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon

When Forestville played Sturt, Sturt had more players missing than Forestville!

And 30 point is a big margin to back up. I'll give you $50 at 3 to 1 that you are going be sorry come finals time.

Reply #80106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:14 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754