???
Years ago

Personal opinion and dirty laundry

As we have seen with the South thread in recent times, this forum is based on personal opinion and people airing their dirty laundry. Why is it that the problem people within 'most' clubs are the ones who do not coach, team manage or volunteer?

Sport is for the kids who want to play and the people who love the game. It does not matter which club you are at, they all have there own unique problems. This forum has been created to talk about basketball in this State and not to openly shoot down people just because you are not happy about a clubs decision.

Topic #713 | Report this topic

starsky and hutch  
Years ago

I agree - but if we take the bad with the good - we get an interesting and / if not contraversial forum.

No changes come easy and healthy debate is good.

as long as good and bad balance it is ok - but not aimless detrimental stuff.

everyone has to get it off their chest but they need to understand that some people will take it to heart.

only the true meaning of the intent is held in the author's mind.

the forum is good and it is great to see so much input.

know how to play the game - and win !

Reply #7171 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i agree that we shouldnt be bagin people but thats wot makes this web site interesting

Reply #7173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course people are going to be biased and have opinions. If you talk to someone face to face they may still be biased but cover it up. On here people can remain anonymous but still have a voice.

Reply #7178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But along with using a powerful mediam like the net it is very important that people use some responsibility when posting their opinions especially when they are anonymous.This forum tends to feed on the negativities of others but rarely feeds on the positives.A reflection of society as a whole one would think.Have also spoken with many users who use multiple alias so is this really a true reflection of not a large community
but a handful of people only,therefore this mediam is a very loud voice for a very small amount of people.You only have to add up the regular users of which there are 19 without counting the unknowns.(Same numbers indeed with loud voices)

Reply #7197 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree with your recommendation that people post responsibly (yet I have no solid issue with justified or constructive criticism; and certainly not with anonymous viewpoints). I would suggest that there will always be contentious issues with different groups (referees, administrators, coaches, players, fans, parents), different clubs, etc.

You will have to excuse me for taking you up on this, but I'm interested in your definition of "handful" in a numeric sense?

There's no doubt that some people often use a secondary alias, but I can see the IP of origin for each post and I can tell you that this isn't very common. There were posts from more than 60 different IPs today alone (a school or office, for example will usually share an IP).

Right now, there are 30+ people accessing the site (reading or posting). The site goes through 8GB of bandwidth per month (bandwidth costs in Australia are usually $120-190 per GB incidentally) so someone's reading and posting! Have a check on any of the club sites and see what sort of traffic they do.

I think you might be underestimating the volume of posting and readership in calling this community "a very small amount of people".

Reply #7205 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

some times there is more than one person using the same computer in a family. I know I post and so does another member of my family with a different name (of course)but we both have different opinions

Reply #7224 | Report this post

Hey ma, git off the dang roof!

luv Cletus

Reply #7238 | Report this post

Roy  
Years ago

"Mum", do i know who you are? Did your daughter that just roll her ankle?

Reply #7243 | Report this post

Roids  
Years ago

Damn that above isnt the normal roy... i just found out someone uses the name roy. So the above post was posted by me.

Reply #7244 | Report this post

basil faulty  
Years ago

if this is dirty laundry - then mums would naturally be around !

and mum's always good for an opinion

Reply #7264 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

dont have a daughter ... but who are you Roy ?

Reply #7322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754