Chump
Years ago

Poaching Rules

So depending on where you finish the main season determines how many players you can get from other clubs? Does this include interstate clubs or only SA? Can somebody clear up this poaching rule for me.

Topic #714 | Report this topic

incognito  
Years ago

Reply #7231 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #7232 | Report this post

basil faulty  
Years ago

the only bylaw in writing i know of is the fine if you are say a state coach and try to move the state players to your club.

There is a "code of honor" between clubs that no player, especially whilst in their club colours will not be approached. The club can only respond to enquiries from an existing player - so if the player comes to them fine.

there are a few loop holes exploited though - one common one is getting other kids or school buddies to approach the player "on behalf" of the poaching coach.

"poach coach" ! like that ?

the other common problem happens when an established district player is sighted playing school or church ball - and they are asked thru that avenue.

At the end of the day - clubs can only take so many players - the problem is - some of the smaller or struggling groups feel the loss of a good player more and can not replace them.

I encourage players to move - if they feel better and play better ball - but beware - many have sought greener grass - only to find it is exactly the same in the next paddock.

Reply #7254 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754