James
Years ago

Most popular Basketball clothes and shoes.

Hello,

I am doing a project on what basketball brands sell the best in Australia.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of which brands are the most popular (sales wise).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Topic #7181 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

And 1
Air Jordan

Reply #80542 | Report this post

jj redick 4  
Years ago

Jordan, skins and nike

Reply #80552 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Dunlop Volleys.

Reply #80557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Def And1 for men and kids and for women I reckon Nike (shoes)

I would say Nike for both with clothes although Champion also seems quite popular.

Reply #80559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And 1? Hell no!

Shoes:
Nike for men.
New Balance for women.

Clothing:
Nike for men.
Reebok for women.

Reply #80585 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Pro keds in sneakers.

Umbro tops.

Reply #80587 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Oh and Nate Archibald!!!

Reply #80589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a question...... Why is AND1 such a popular brand in Australia it is not nearly as popular in America???

Nike and Adidas are WAY WAY ahead of AND1 in America......does anyone know why???

Reply #80603 | Report this post

Years ago

Possibly because people don't get caught up as much in the "streetball" hype over AND1 in Australia, and actually realise while being cheaper in price, the quality of the product is also lower, aesthetically and performance-wise

Reply #80605 | Report this post

Years ago

Sorry, I meant the people in Australia get caught up in it more for some reason

Reply #80606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shoes? Womens would def be Asics... the netburner and kayano's are really popular.

Reply #80610 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

I would have thought that doing any project you would need accurate figures, and not just opinions on a bball forum. Would suggest you contact the main manufacturers and ask for previous fin yr sales figures.

Reply #80623 | Report this post

hmmm interesting... i think ive only ever bought AND1 brand of shoes... for basketball that is! i havnt really had any trouble with them... does this mean ive been wasting my money?? lol y do so many peeps have problem wif AND1 shoes... serious question... :o)

Reply #80635 | Report this post

Years ago

Hey it's just my opinion that they don't look as good and aren't as comfortable. That's just from trying them on in Footlocker. I haven't ever played in a pair, but I just personally found they weren't right for me. I have no problem with the fact that many people like them. I just prefer adidas

Reply #80636 | Report this post

fair enuf :o) lol maybe i shud take my time when buying shoes :oP im jus in... quick scan of rack... try on a pair... if they fit... i buy!

Reply #80637 | Report this post

enigma  
Years ago

Would have to be a pair of Skinny Chicken jeans, with a Parkway Drive t.shirt and Vans!!!!!!!!!! Long Live Hardcore!!!!!!!!

Reply #80651 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I saw 63 kids dressed exactly that way in Rundle Mall today. They were rebelling against rebellion by all dressing exactly the same.

Reply #80660 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

" im jus in... quick scan of rack... try on a pair... if they fit... i buy! "
-- sounds like theDoctor in the old days on a saturday night out in town !!

Reply #80664 | Report this post

nothin  
Years ago

i've noticed that the majority of girls wear the asics netburners. you can def lock that in as worn the most by female basketballers i used to work in a sports store and thats what all the female basketballers went for whilst the men usually went for nike shoes.

Reply #80674 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Girls probably buy the Asic netball shoes as you can get them at a decent price and get the larger sizes easily, size 11 plus.

Reply #80691 | Report this post

Chelsie  
Years ago

I work in a sporst store and play basketball and for women defiantly netball shoes ond cross trainers are most popular especially the asic netburner range!!

Reply #109161 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

(Mod: Get lost, spammer.)

Reply #331532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Nike,Reebok and Adidas are the best. Because it is the popular brands and every body trust these brands.

Reply #380749 | Report this post

Rozi Desouza  
Years ago

Nike, Adidas and Rebook is the best brands.

Reply #382999 | Report this post

Bruno Moretti  
Years ago

Ya i am agree with rozi. Nike, Adidas and Reebok is the best brands. Products of all this brands are very good guilty.

Reply #383686 | Report this post

big v  
Years ago

Asics for girls. The Nike Kobe shoes are basically casual runners(really crap).

Reply #383696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe people said And 1. And 1 was cool 10 years ago. It is well and truly out now. Rubbish shoes.

For guys stick with Nike, Jordan, Adidas.

Reply #383748 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754