billo
Years ago

Bogut named to all rookie first team

Ahhh, it seems like only yesterday we were all excited about our very own number 1 draft pick, every one of his first 5 or 6 matches got its own thread on the forum, great things were predicted.

Well, his first season is now complete and I think it's fair to say it was an unqualified success.

He was named in the NBA All-Rookie first team with 26 of a maximum 29 first team nominations (Paul & Villanueva the only players above with 29 and 27 first team nominations respectively), he led the rookies in scoring and blocked shots and must have been very close in field goal percentage too. Obviously rookie of the year would have been nice but despite that he's certainly set himself up for a long and succesful career.

In other news did anyone see LeBron's game winner? Very nice, the guy's a freak, he plays pretty much the way I do on an 8 foot ring.

Topic #7184 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

who did get rookie of the year?

Reply #80608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Chris Paul lead the rookies in scoring?

Reply #80609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Paul Led in scoring!

Reply #80621 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Only non-US player selected in the All-Rookie squad too.

Chris Paul would be a lock for ROTY and was the GMs pick. Officially, it's yet to be announced.

The GMs have also said Steve Nash for MVP and Ben Wallace for DPOTY.

The only awards announced so far have been Mike Miller with Sixth Man, Avery Johnson with Coach of the Year, Diaw for MIP, KG for Kennedy Citizenship (an award for service and dedication to the community) and Elton Brand for the Sportsmanship Award (the Joe Dumars Trophy).

Reply #80628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Billo, Channing Frye led all rookie centres in scoring.

Reply #80663 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Sorry, my bad, I meant to type rebounding.

Reply #80686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOOD TO SEE CHANNING FRYE MADE IT TOO. I REMEMBER WATCHING HIM PLAY AGAINST STURT A FEW YEARS AGO (FOR ARIZONA) AS A SKINNY FRESHMAN, AND HE MORE THAN HELD HIS OWN OVER OSCAR. KNEW BIG THINGS WOULD COME HIS WAY, GOOD WORK CHANNING.

Reply #80702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754