Anonymous
Years ago

Magic overlooked for state champs...

the u/20 western magic div2 team were 'overlooked' by basa for state champs this weekend... has this ever happened to any other teams before?

Topic #7187 | Report this topic

Wah Wah Wah  
Years ago

'POOF' and the Magic is gone.....

Reply #80639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did they nominate????

Reply #80646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a shame. I was really looking forward to the Magic showing us all how good they really are.

Reply #80649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a shame. I was really looking forward to the Magic showing us all how good they really are.

Reply #80650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if they failed to nominate in time?

Reply #80657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha. thats gold. almost as bad as southern forgetting to nominate for the classics a couple of years ago... if that is the case

Reply #80679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Southern did it two years in a row.

Reply #80687 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Fact is they are saving themselves for the important Barossa Carnival so they get heaps of publicity

Reply #80695 | Report this post

Observier  
Years ago

The Management of Magic have done their U20 Men's team a great disservice.
They are promising the boys the world, and the perfect opportunity to show that those boys are capable in competing in Div 1 would've been next weekend. If they had nominated in Div 1 for the State Champs, in all likelihood they would've been accepted.
Any chance of competing in Div 1 next season has just been blown.

Reply #80721 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

so sad...too bad

Reply #80722 | Report this post

lol

Reply #80725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic guys are great blokes, I just think someone has pi...d in their ears. These guys have tallent and would have been far better served staying at Woodville. They are welcome back any time they want. This not being part of the champs shows how much faith their coach has in them doing any good. Not being accepted is a krock. The coach had no faith or was negligent in his late nomination.

Reply #80775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes it is a bummer that magic 20s r not in eitha the reserve or championship 4 state champs. im sure they would of won 1 and done well in the other.

in the 18s reserve comp. the torens valley team DIV 4 (currently undefeated) beat norwoods DIV 2 team!!!

questions have 2 b asked as to wether bsa should start letting torens valey teams compete in higher divisions.

i play in div 3 and im positive after watching them play this morning that they would be a top 5 team easy and could be the team to finally give norwood ther 1st los 4 the yr.

its a shame coz norwood probably wont lose this whole season neway.

Reply #80793 | Report this post

Observier  
Years ago

Maybe the magic players should take a look at the torrens valley experience as a lesson.
If they want to go further in their basketball, then maybe they need to get back to a member club.

Reply #80814 | Report this post

lol ease up guys... :oP i play for magic! there was a mis-communication between basa and club managment i think... although i was told that basa addmited they had made a mistake... lol and our coach has more faith in us than you or we magic boys know! yes it is disapointing for us to miss out on either div 1 or 2 state champs... theres still a slight chance but very doubtful we will get in! but it just goes to show what we already know... magic means nothing to basa in the scheme of things... we jus wanna play ball!!!

Reply #80954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are a lot of other people that have faith in you boys as well. You would have developed a lot further with your old teams. If you want to just play ball, fine but if you want to play good tough ball at a high level then you are in the wrong place. There are a lot of people out there saying "What if", "Could I have", "Should I have", "Was I good enough to play top level" ect. Might not mean anything to you now while you are still having fun beating lower ranked teams, but there will come a time you will most probably think some of these thoughts, and they will be with you for along time.

Reply #80998 | Report this post

lower grade teams... it wont be long before we are able to rub shoulders with the div one boys... which should be by next year... IF we can prove we are worthy... and i think we can... we have a very strong and commited team just like any1 else... although i do appriciate what you are saying in regards to moving clubs... but we have a great coach who is pushing us to our limits physically and mentally more so than, i think, other coaches at other clubs could... no offence... this was one of the main reasons for us starting this club... great new team atmosphere, a sense of responsibility in trying to make the club work, proving ourselves as a new club and as players, and having the right people to support and especially to push us! why must people criticise us?

Reply #81037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"wont be long before we are able to rub shoulders with the div one boys"

Mate, you've been misled. As far as I'm aware, only member clubs can play in div 1? Which you guys are not.

Reply #81040 | Report this post

new age concepts  
Years ago

81040, Things are changing. Pro/Rel, more open competition, regionalisation. The glass houses & false-elitism will fall for the good of basketball and real elite sport.

Reply #81043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754