thedoctor
Years ago

Lakers - Suns -- SPOILER

Game 7 people!

Bryant went back to his old ways, getting off 35 shots and scoring 50.

Early on, he was getting teammates involved, with Walton and Brown dominant. Odom was one assist shy of a triple double.

For the Suns, Thomas hit a 3 to put the game into OT, and finished with 21 and 10.

Nash was his usual self with 38 and 13 assists.

This time it was the Lakers who let the game slip. Who's game to predict the winner of Game 7?

Topic #7190 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think the Suns may have it now. Going back to Phoenix, having Raja Bell back, I just think it'll be a bit too tough for the Lakers to overcome a Suns side that seems to be starting to click.

Was looking forward to a Lakers vs Clippers series though, so I kind of hope the Lakers pull it out.

Reply #80668 | Report this post

Years ago

I will try to be unbiased here since i am a Suns fan.

Looking at the 3-1 deficit a few days ago ... i thought ... if they can get a win over the Lakers at US Airways ... they can start to sow the seeds of doubt in the Lakers' minds. They succeeded.

Sadly Raja Bell was suspended. The Suns then had incentive to even things up after feeling wronged on a number of counts in Game 4. Bell's suspension only served to stir the Suns up more.

As for the Lakers ... they taken out of their comfort zone and are in panic mode because now ... all of a sudden they have to go back to old habits to win. It is they ... not the Suns who are panicking. The Suns can't wait to get back home full of confidence and complete the series win. I will say this though ... it's been a great and exciting series. The Lakers have to take plenty of credit for the fight they have put up.

Reply #80685 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

It takes a special team to win a Game 7 on the road. These Lakers are not that special. I just hope it isn't too much of a blow out. It's been a great series but I knew the Lakers run, as fun as it has been over the last few weeks, was just too good to be true.

Reply #80710 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

im tipping the upset here......i dont think Phil, Kobe and Odom will let game 7 slide

Reply #80715 | Report this post

Years ago

Well it would be foolish to write the Lakers off ... the Suns were written off and look what happened. But the Suns will be aware of that and will play the way they have been playing in the last couple of games.

The Lakers are either starting to doubt themselves or will be hoping for third time lucky. Here's to a fitting finale to a terrific series.

Reply #80732 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

dont underestimate the depth and heart of this lakers squad. they have some of the leagues best role players. and anything is possible with kobe, hes the modern day jordan and he loves backs against the wall situations.

Reply #80748 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The smart money would surely be on the Suns, however you can not totaly write off the Lakers as Kobe does have the ability to get that team some freakish wins!

Reply #80756 | Report this post

Suns will blow this one out by 30 kobe cannot deal with the suffocating pressure of Raja Bell future defensive player of the year

Reply #80757 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL...........Is Raja Bell gonna try strangling him this time???

Kobe will have his way with Raja Bell

Reply #80759 | Report this post

Years ago

Umm Fez Kobe didn't in Game 5 and Kobewon't in Game 7 ... no blow out by 30 ... but between i'd say if the Suns are to win ... 10-20.

Raja Bell is the kind of defender you don't want to have against you ... he never goes away.

Reply #80761 | Report this post

Have his way with Bell? you seem to forget kobe scored 50 on a Raja Bell-less Pheonix, and he had to change his game (and failed to get even close to his scoring average) in every other game

Reply #80770 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

If the suns win the series, they have one man to thank....Tim Thomas

Reply #80772 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Seeing as some of you are clearly calling "side" (neither heads or tails). I am going to go out on a limb and make the bold prediction that the winner of game 7 will be the team that scores the most points.

Reply #80776 | Report this post

oh i love being right

Suns by 31 baby

Reply #80791 | Report this post

Years ago

Well done ELG ... you picked it alright ... and a mighty result i might add :D.

Kobe went nowhere ... gave up ... i am thinking for the first four games the Lakers played above their ability and in Game 6.

Fez? One man to thank in Tim Thomas? Beg to differ mate. He played a part. But you forget the other factors firing up the Suns. Ummm ... endless trashing of them in the papers ... telling them their season is over ... the way Steve Nash was treated by officials in Game 4 ... Raja Bell getting suspended and the Lakers getting away with grubby crap ... Raja Bell's defensive humiliation of Kobe Bryant ... all played their part in this in the end ... crushing result.

A lesson to other teams ... never ever play the Suns for fools or ballet dancers.

Reply #80794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ITS OVA SUNS WIN 3 straight and r going 2 round 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #80799 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

31....if you seriously think your Suns can win the west, your dreaming mate

Defense wins titles, now if the Lakers can push your Suns to 7 games

They are no match for San Antonio or Dallas

To tell you the truth, i dont think they will get past the Clippers

Brand will have avg 30pts 15reb a game against em

Reply #80809 | Report this post

Years ago

Do I think the Suns can win the West? Yes. Why? San Antonio lost two games to the Kings and are NOT the same team they were last season ... but the Spurs have to get past Dallas if they want to play off for the title again and I have my doubts about that happening. Watch for a seven game series or a four or five game series.

It should be a pretty even series between the Suns and the Clippers. But I think the Suns can do it in 5-6 games if they carry the momentum from really in the end ... crushing the Lakers ... into this series. If they make the Conference finals they will have Kurt Thomas back hopefully which will strengthen their DEFENCE lol. But will they beat Detroit if they are the West's rep in the Finals? The jury is out on that one.

Fez you just don't like the Suns lol.

Reply #80826 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

NOt wuite.......i wore number 7 on my back since the jnr days coz i loved Kevin Johnson....lol

I dont mind the Suns, but i seriously dont think they will make it to the NBA finals

I thought the same of the Spurs as well coming into the finals

But.....i cant count em out

I do however hope Dallas can knock em out.....LOL

Reply #80831 | Report this post

Years ago

I hope so too Fez I hope so too because I think the Spurs represent more of a danger to the Suns than Dallas. They CAN play the game the Lakers were trying to play more effectively and consistently ... who knows.

Glad to see you liked KJ Fez lol ... he was a terrific player and leader when he was playing.

Reply #80839 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754