andrew
Years ago

Do you think Forestville will lose a game this sea

personaaly i think sturt will knock them off!

Topic #7199 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

Eagles will get beaten. Just wondering who to...

Reply #80800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, not until the semifinal. I think they did the same thing in 1999. Had a stacked roster, won every game until the semi, und were dispatched at home by the underdog Flames.

Reply #80803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mavs will beat them with jacob back

Reply #80805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im surprised South go so close to them last night.

Reply #80807 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Well they played their worst game of teh season last night and still won by 10.... go figure

Reply #80808 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

anon, are you implying that they have a stacked roster this season?

Reply #80810 | Report this post

Baby Blue  
Years ago

dont think they played their worst game of the year, they were just under pressure for the whole game which hasn't happened for a while causing some uncharacteristic mistakes. they will be beaten soon.

Reply #80815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hope so. want to see some excitement

Reply #80822 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Pressure from whom. There own mistakes maybe...

Reply #80823 | Report this post

Gotcha  
Years ago

They better not lose a game ! The last time they won the championship, i had the biggest weekend of my life !! haha

Reply #80849 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

They don't have a stacked roster and no where near Sturt with Ng, Smylie, Maher coming soon ect. Eagles only really have Sutton and Dix and Campbell.

Eagles will get beaten this season by Sturt and a couple of other teams.

Reply #80851 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Have you forgotten Sullivan, Sutton and Arnold?

Reply #80861 | Report this post

Reporter  
Years ago

Whats wrong with having a so called stacked roster. Whats wrong with having 10 or so very good players all wanting to play on the same team, giving up their own court time in order to have a crack at the title. Not even half of the eagles are even getting paid this year! The eagles are just fortunate that none of these guys want to play for another team. The coaches arn't exactly gonna turn quality players away are they!

Reply #80865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

freddy get your hand off it, just because a team gets close to the Eagles doesnt mean its because they played their worst game of the year, ever think that maybe South played their best game of the year??

Reply #80870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reporter you seem to be very close to the action to claim not even half the eagles are getting paid this year...I doubt that very much, they just wait until after the season officially finishes, then it will sort itself out...
BTW I don't think Eagl$s will lose a minor round game this year

Reply #80871 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Forestville worst game, South best game.... still 10 the diff... hahaha

Reply #80876 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

You are an idiot Freddy! Please tell me why it was Forestville's worst game of the year? Because they only won by 8? Yes that's right you moron, you can't even read the scoreboard! They had 6 players in double figures and DMT with 9 points and they shot the ball at 46%...Yeah they were terrible!!!

Reply #80890 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

Panther, you're being very harsh on Freddy, look at the HUGE discrepancies from their Season averages.
Season Saturday
FG% - 44% 46%
3PT % - 36% 31%
FT% - 66% 52%
OReb - 16 15
DReb - 38 35
TReb - 54 50
Asst - 23 18
Blk - 4 5
Steal - 9 5
TOver - 16 17

See, they were a missed FT, a steal & a rebound down each quarter on their average & also a Made 3PT shot & had one more tunorver for the game more than average, so you can see how TERRIBLE they were Saturday night.

Reply #80898 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Im talking defensively.... they normally dont allow teams to score that much.

Reply #80919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Freddy, you weren't talking defensively, you were talking arrogantly.

"re: Do you think Forestville will lose a game this (#80823)
Pressure from whom. There own mistakes maybe...

Freddy, 07/05/06"

Seems you were talking about the offence end anyway.

Quick question: Were you actually at the game? Because there weren't many forestville spectators that stuck around for the mens game.

Reply #80926 | Report this post

Reporter  
Years ago

Your right Freddy, Forestville don't usually give up that many points, so from that perspective you could say that they didn't have a great game defensively. Although i'm sure it was a mixture of bad defence from Forestville, and superb offence from South....esp Scanlon and Smith! I guess having frost out was a blessing in disguise as it gave Smith an opportunity to do what he did.

Reply #80941 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

I look at the stats baby...

Reply #80950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if you look at the stats, look at the stats 'shutup!' posted earlier. Also you said you were talking about defence... stats only show offence except for steals, drb and blocks. So you're saying you weren't at the game and have no idea what you're talking about and always changing what you're saying?

Reply #80964 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Freddy is...

Reply #80971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the eagles play North next game only won by 2 last time, think the rockets will get them this time, they are playing some great ball and have contributors all over the floor

Reply #81020 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

#81020, I agree it should be a good match-up, except in the first game, the Margin was 4 in Eagles favour (76/72), the game was at Hillcrest & Eagles have added Brenton Campbell into their rotation since then, so I'm not sure I would share your confidence.

Reply #81030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think now the question should be - Should Forestville make sure they lose a game this season before the finals? Andy and Todd would both have horrible memories of an undefeated minor season only to lose two finals in a row and finish third. Psychologically there will be heaps of pressure on the whole team if they go into the finals undefeated.

They may not need to try and lose - Eastern this week will be tough. They certainly have the first five to match/beat the Eagles, but zero off the bench compared to Forestville.

Reply #82562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let me be the fisrt to say that i dont think theyll go undefeated ha sorry couldnt help myself.

Reply #83392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Do you think Forestville will lose a game..."

Forestville did not lose their first game. They got totally thumped!

Reply #83394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754